Thread: Synapse Films
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #219
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
The true state of NOTLD is that it's Public Domain. Anyone can own it (ANYone).

I wonder though if the annoucement will be the 3 secret titles that Don announced long ago. That said, my choices are Bad Taste and Meet The Feebles (with Bad Taste, seeing is how this year marks the 25th anniversary of the film, Peter Jackson's filmmaking career and his newest film The Hobbit, a new release is definitely in order).
Synapse wouldn't release NotLD without the involvement of Image Ten who produced it and still have the original negative. Don's had a lot of involvement with Image Ten on the Elite release and the Weinstein release. I'm sure he's been working towards that goal of getting it under the Synapse banner.

I'd forgotten about those "three titles" which I was shocked to learn WASN'T Vampire Circus, Twins of Evil or Hands of the Ripper once announced. "What could possibly be bigger than that?" I wonder if that fell through. I don't think it's anything else Hammer on his mind as the big titles like Dracula and Frankenstein are out of the question.

Bad Taste and Meet the Feebles has been in the back of my mind as well. They're not as "huge" but to actually work with Peter Jackson would be huge so I could see him being as excited about that as anything else.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote