View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 02:43 AM   #3
X-human
I ate my keys

From Kino Facebook and site:
Quote:
Now available for pre-order - Bela Lugosi in WHITE ZOMBIE. Mastered in HD from a 35mm fine grain print and is presented in both a digitally restored and an unenhanced version (with the natural film grain intact).

Blu-ray Features

• Mastered in HD from a 35mm fine grain master.

• Dual edition includes both a digitally restored version as well as the raw, unenhanced film transfer.

• "Intimate Interviews" (1932), a 6-minute interview with Bela Lugosi, mastered in HD from 35mm elements.

• 1951 theatrical re-issue trailer.
http://www.kinolorber.com/video.php?product_id=1757

I was worried they might over DNR the film because there's not very good material left to work with. However I'm not too sure what to think about this decision. Did they crank the DNR transfer up to 11 so only true grain hates would be happy? How true is the "unenhanced film transfer"? Is the compression compromised because of the inclusion of both versions?

To a certain extent I like a happy medium. You can clean the image up some and still retain its grainy goodness. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is online now   Reply With Quote