View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #8
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
well, thats nice to know. can we just assume, then, that the previous dvds were slightly cropped or mislabelled? definitely looking forward to this. i'd grab it for the extras alone, much like i did with the Frankenstein BD, but here's hoping this one gets a great transfer.
They were screened in America at 1.85:1 and 1.77:1 is pretty much indistinguishable from that. Still there were a lot of complaints that the Warner DVDs were over cropped but that's also because Warner zoomed in a bit too much on the picture as well. A combination of problems. I'd prefer to see any film in its country of origin's OAR which for Dracula would be 1.66:1.

I'm hopeful with BFI's involvement we'll have less problems here then the "new improved" Hammer has been giving us lately. Even with the problematic Blu-ray for Frankenstein it still feels like a must own. Whether Dracula's got its own set of problems or not it's shaping up to be a must own as well.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote