View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #21
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
Some sites have even mentioned a grey filter that seems to be over the film.
Link?

Quote:
I wonder how many drugs Jordowsky has done since this movie was in theatres? But I forgot that many fall for the pretense that director's have memories that do not falter like other human beings.

I personally can't remember the exact hue of colors for movies that I saw over 20 years ago but to those of you who can, more power to you.
Uh...You don't need to remember when you have the film's negative sitting in front of you.

Quote:
Sorry, didn't know it was stated several times. I will do an internet search the next time I decide to have an opinion to see if it's been discussed ad nauseum. I personally prefer the brighter and warmer colors (not necessarily the bleeding and edge enhancement) as I think it fits better in the circus world.
What’s with the sarcasm? I don’t need it nor do I think it is warranted. I was being sincere as it seemed like you didn’t know. Yes, it is CLOSER to how it was originally screened in theaters. Not every film is going to look like Avatar when it gets put onto BD. You may want bolder colors, but in Santa Sangre’s case, what you are getting on previous versions is all artificial. If you like that, fine, but you are in the minority as most want films preserved the way they were originally intended to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce h View Post
Severin
Mr.Bongo

I know which one I like better...
Yeah if you can handle the compression issues and lackluster features, by all means double dip.... I mentioned in my previous post Mr. Bongo's transfer is more balanced, but I am more than fine with tweaking a few settings on my television, which can be easily done with the Severin disc.

Last edited by Chomp; 02-06-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote