View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #53
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
But did it really? After all, copycat films usually come out within the first few years of a spawning film, and the found footage shit (I'll agree with you on it being shit, by the way) didn't come out for a good 10 years. How long did it take for slasher rip offs after Halloween, post apocalyptic films to come out after Road Warrior, etc? A lot less than 10 years, I can tell you that. And it's certainly not a cost issue, as found footage crap doesn't take a lot of money to make.

There's a HUGE gap between Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity, so I don't think you can fairly blame one for the other. Me, I think it's the proliferation of reality TV more than anything else.
Yeah I agree. I think The Blair With Project is to found footage what Halloween was the Slashers (or possibly Black Christmas although it wasn't initially as popular). Even though they were great and popular in themselves. I think Friday the 13th was probably the trigger that blew up the slasher genre. Paranormal Activity was responsible for the recent outpouring of found footage.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote