View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #14
It's me, Billy
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
It appears the 2001 slasher film Valentine is also out of print.

Anyone? Anyone?
I love that film, but for reasons I can't understand, it really got trashed by quite a few horror fans in the years since its 2001 theatrical release. I found it to be very suspenseful and the killer looked really creepy with that "cherub" mask. Plus, there was quite a bit of eye candy on hand too. (Denise Richards, etc.) It really needs a Blu-ray release.

Another horror film that needs some attention is Cherry Falls (2000) with Brittany Murphy (RIP sweet girl). It was supposed to get a theatrical release, but got dumped on USA Network in October 2000. The one and only DVD release (which has been OOP for several years) was in Feb./March 2001 and it was a pathetic Double Feature DVD (paired with Terror Tract) which proves that USA Films had no faith in the film selling on its own. Even worse, when Cherry Falls was filming (in prep for a theatrical release, which never happened) it was originally going to be very brutal and bloody. IIRC, the original cut was given a NC-17. Naturally, the director had to tone it down to achieve a "R" rating, because most theaters won't show NC-17 films (stupid!) Well, when it was decided that the film was going to bypass theaters and go the direct to television route (courtesy USA Network) the film had to be completely butchered again because USA wasn't a premium pay channel like HBO, Showtime, or Cinemax where all the goodies could be shown. Also, because USA had commercials, even more cutting was necessary. So, there are three cuts of the film. The heavily butchered television version, the "R" rated DVD version, and the NC-17 version, which has never been available. I'd love to have a proper DVD and Blu-ray release.
It's me, Billy is offline   Reply With Quote