View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #88
Steel76
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
Here's another one: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. this was some kind of sensation when it came out, but i was bored to death when i saw it.
I agree, but what most pissed me off about it, was how it killed off the old-school style of the Hong Kong cinema, that I truly love, and how people said it was so groundbreaking and new. For fuck sake, people, that kind of movies had been done for decades over in Hong Kong, only before that damn movie, the action was more entertaining and crazy and the pacing was way better, and there was usually no damn sappy love stories slowing things down. So, yeah, I hate "Crouching Tiger...", for changning the entire Hong Kong Cinema, from fast paced, bat crazy stunt actioneers, into what they mostly deliver today, with CGI filled and sappy period war dramas.

FUCK YOU, ANG LEE!

Im glad we at least have Donnie Yen who still can pull out some old school stuff from time to time. When Donnie, Sammo Hung, and Jackie Chan are gone, then we will probably never see anymore martial arts movies like that EVER again