Old 03-03-2013, 02:22 AM   #4
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Great post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Wow, great stuff. The pictures alone bring back a lot of memories.
Thanks guys.

Quote:
My favorite episode is The New Arrival from Season 4.

Also love And All Through The House, Television Terror, House Of Horror, and Mournin' Mess.
They're all coming up.

Quote:
I remember enjoying Surprise Party and Comes The Dawn too, but it has been a long time since I've seen the later seasons.

And The Third Pig is... interesting.
I made sure to be clear with "Surprise Party" that I think it let down people who were expecting an ending to fit with the dialogue's suggestions. Dying by fire is way too predictable. I know the episode is generally well-regarded by most. And other episodes give me the gory ending I was hoping for with "Surprise Party." I'll be sure to make note of them when they came up.

I liked "Comes the Dawn" quite a bit too... of course, that's season 6. The episode from season 5 above is "Came the Dawn." The show pulled a few of these double titles that sound extremely similiar: "Easel Kill Ya" and "This'll Kill Ya," "Only Sin Deep" and "Only Skin Deep," "Til Death" and "Till Death Do We Part," and "Split Second" and "Split Personality."

Quote:
It's close to impossible for me to single out favorites cause there's just so damn many great episodes.
Technically, I'm trying to list them based on what I consider to be objective quality. Which ones either blow me away the most or which make me think the most. Or took the most risks. Or make people face the harshest truths in an intelligent way. Deep down, I like it trashy just as much as other people. I also like rewatching the bad sometimes to see where they went wrong. "Oil's Well" is a frequent re-watch.

Quote:
Out of all the discs in my collection, the Tales from the Crypt sets by far see the most action. I've been nuts for this show since I first spotted it on HBO.
It's definitely my #1 favorite television show.

Quote:
John Kassir, the guy who does the voice for the Cryptkeeper, is going to be a Monster Mania in Cherry Hill, NJ next weekend which should be cool. Now I just have to figure out what the hell I'm going to get signed.
I'd go with Crypt season set either 2 or 3.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote