View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #9
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieduvet View Post
The French release from Avanti! looks miles better than the US version. A few audio/sync problems though. Sold my French version when the US was announced. Think I'll buy it back the US transfer looks awful in comparison.
It's been awhile since I've seen this. Here's what the reviewer from DVD Beaver says about the differences between the new Warner blu-ray and the Avanti! blu-ray:

"If you toggle back and forth between the two Blu-ray releases (use the 1080 captures) you can see that either the Aventi transfer is vertically stretched or the new, single-layered, Warner is horizontally stretched. I lean to the latter - but aside from that the French release looks better to me. I don't know if it is more accurate (color-wise) but I prefer the appearance. They are both in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio but the Warner shows more information in the top and bottom but less on the right edge. The Aventi also appears sharper to me (I see no edge enhancement). opinions may differ but the captures are there to see."

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-r...ld_blu-ray.htm