View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #39
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
I never once said that I never used the internet to purchase things, but nice try in attempting to squelch conversation.
I think Chomp is suggesting you're a hypocrite for saying "the internet is destroying America"... when you are on the internet right as you're saying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
typical internet troll.
As someone who had a review of mine bombed by this clown once, I 2nd that.

As for this thread, I think Anaestheus had the best reply by far. Whether your take on this is hopeful or dread-ful, it's a lot to think about and time is the deciding factor. But I believe, as far as adaptating, our economy is going to be hugely setback by dealing with climate change. Every year, it really begins to affect more and more people. Who knows how bad things will be this year? How many actual incomes will be affected? This is definitely something that hurts any expanding industry.

The reason it seems heartbreaking to lose physical media is because... these are technologies. Now we're losing them from man-made products - their last connection to where they came from and where everyone can understand them (somehow being a physical piece of product almost makes it like a bookshelf, ya know: something anyone can learn to build) - and into the fastest-developing / revolutionizing system for playing them as we have. But, if you ask me, being a piece of technology means it was made from moment-1 to go as far into the machine as it could go. Except for the printed word, which really should be the worry of people who think the internet is getting too big for its' britches, it was made for digitalizing, streaming, MP3'ing if it was made to be played in an electronic device.

But, yeah... what about the printed word? I've already heard people bashing the online video review as a way to devalue print-based critics. Or, art? I've seen people draw elaborate-looking paintings and pictures with what seems like just their mouse. But, when "great" art is analyzed, I hear the brush stroke is important. Will this sort of thing also be eliminated by growing technology? Will art thievery be more prevalent online?

Last edited by DVD-fanatic-9; 03-04-2013 at 08:21 PM.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote