View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Iīm a HUGE fan of Psycho, and I didnīt think is was bad at all. I liked the actor who played Norman, and the scene with the dead body and the cops in the motel room had a bit of an Hitchcock vibe to it.

And even though it has been moved into modern times, itīs still kinda a prequel as itīs the same house, motel, characters and the beginning of the madness.

I was worried during the first 5 minutes that they would change it all by using a new setting (since it opened with Norman and his mother living in another house), but gladly they built an almost perfect replica of the house and motel from the original Psycho movies.

Iīm chocked that I hadnīt even heard ANYTHING about this, and just stubled upon the pilot episode yesterday, so maybe I liked it because I hadnīt had a chanse to build up any expectations.
Even though it had some teen-oriented crap in it, it seems like there will be enough of material for us older viewers as well. And Normanīs mother sure is a MILF hehe

I will continue to watch and see if it goes into the direction Iīm hoping for, with the descent into murder and mayhem, leading up to the events in the Hitchcock classic.

Sure, I would have loved it if it was set back in the 50:s, but Iīll live
So am I, and I just purchased The Psycho Legacy on DVD, and I own all 4 Psycho Movies. I taped the pilot last night, and the really creepy part is Norman is played by Freddie Highmore, who was the lead kid in the remake of Tim Burton's Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, as Charlie, and the actress playing Norma was the actress who was in Orphan a few years ago.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote