View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #17
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Evil Dead - I can barely remember this one. So I'm going to start again with the remake.
Huh?!

Remakes are not substitutes for the original films. I say only insulting kids who have been trained to instantly hate 70's and 80's horror because they're "old" argue that they are. Well, studios might argue otherwise but name me one person who liked the remakes of The Day the Earth Stood Still or Total Recall. Just one.

I swear we live in a culture that is rejecting everything it deems too old because consumers are afraid some sort of taint dust rubs onto them and takes 20 years off their lives. That they're being trained by marketing and advertising that they must feel extremely young with everything they watch and must stay plugged into every new trend and if you're not young, you're not alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Swimming Pool and The Dreamers - I'm not sure if these are the over R rating. But both were pushing the nudity barrier. Maybe the rating people gave them a pass because they are foreign movies.
Swimming Pool is on DVD in both R and Unrated versions, so I'm assuming it was cut down for an R rating in its' theatrical run.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote