View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #18
Steel76
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
Huh?!

Remakes are not substitutes for the original films. I say only insulting kids who have been trained to instantly hate 70's and 80's horror because they're "old" argue that they are. Well, studios might argue otherwise but name me one person who liked the remakes of The Day the Earth Stood Still or Total Recall. Just one.
Remake doesnīt mean itīs gonna be bad. Look at the remakes of "The Thing" and "The Blob from the 80:s, even though I love the originals, those remakes are far superior to the originals, as they took the original idea, but did something different with it.

Sure most remakes today are pretty lackluster, but a lot of them like "Dawn of the Dead" and "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" have been pretty damn good.

And both the "Evil Dead" and "Maniac" remakes seems to go in the same direction with bringing something new to the table.

The ones you mentioned like "Total Recall" and "Day the earth stood still" are, together with the "Psycho" remake, some of the worst of the bunch.

An even though remakes are VERY common today, they have been around since the early days of cinema. Even Hitchcock remade some of his own movies.

I always look at a remake or a reboot with an open mind.
And even though it might sucks, the amazing original is always still there. And remakes also makes the younger audience aware of the originals, which I noticed when I worked at the videostore. Suddenly those classics began to fly of the shelfs again, and most actually enjoyed them, even the kids.

Last edited by Steel76; 03-28-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Steel76 is offline   Reply With Quote