View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by joltaddict View Post
I adore that theme. I'm almost surprised it was never digitally remastered and released (wasn't this about the same time as "Monster Mash"?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick H. View Post
Nice choices,good call on LADYBIRD from FRIGHT,a very eerie song from an underratted film.
Actually, I was hoping the film would have been more like Black Christmas with no cops. Her hearing things, thinking she's seeing things, and it not becoming a stranger home invasion + hostage cops-in-front-of-the-house flick... What were they thinking there again? But, "Ladybird" does it. And an absolutely chilling opening credits sequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick H. View Post
Some obvious choices for me would be the main title to PSYCHO by Bernard Herrmann,Carpenter's HALLOWEEN and Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells from THE EXORCIST.I'm a great fan of Goblin's DEEP RED main title,Fabio Frizzi's THE BEYOND,Carpenter's THE FOG,and much of James Bernard's work for Hammer ,THE DEVIL RIDES OUT is a standout.Wendy Carlos's classical cover for THE SHINING's opening title's is wonderful (as George Carlos,Wendy is a tanssexual,she composed the score to Kubrick's A CLOCKWORK ORANGE).Jerry Goldsmith's score for THE OMEN (amazingly his only Oscar) is excellent and the much celebrated John Williams provided two overlooked gems with DePalma's THE FURY and John Badham's 1979 DRACULA.Herrmann's scores for DePalma's SISTERS and the borderline horror OBSESSION are exceptional and worth seeking out.Pino Dinagio's work for DRESSED TO KILL ,BODY DOUBLE and TOURIST TRAP are quite striking too.
I was going to post the Halloween II theme; forgot.

The rest of those are some suggestions I'm going to have to check out. I don't remember most of them. And have never seen Devil Rides Out.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote