View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #186
Workshed
October!

Quote:
Even though it’s been more than 20 years since audiences last encountered Ash, Campbell said it was “mandatory” that the character not be in the remake.

“We didn’t want to dilute the character, and I didn’t want have Ash have a little cameo, either, because it could cut down the meaning of things,” Campbell said. “Plus, Sam’s the only one who should direct that character.”
Agreed.

Quote:
“If you don’t respect an audience’s intelligence, you’re doomed,” Campbell said. “There are a lot of filmmakers, but I won’t name them, who think audiences are stupid and will get distracted, so they shoot things from every different angle and hyper-cut it. This movie is not over-edited or under-edited. It’s a well-edited movie, and not many movies are. Filmmakers think, ‘Ah, audiences are going to get bored and we have to keep it moving,’ and they can’t let stuff play out.’ The first part of our movie isn’t racing along at any huge pace.”

Since Campbell, Raimi and Tapert have been invested in the material for more than 30 years, Campbell said that the “Evil” trio was very involved in the “Dead” remake.

“Our hands are all over it, from casting to script to editing to sound,” Campbell said.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote