British distributors Second Sight Films have revealed the supplemental features that will be included on their upcoming Blu-ray release of controversial Polish director Andrzej Zulawski's Possession (1981), starring Isabelle Adjani, Sam Neill, Margit and Carstensen. A preliminary release date, however, is yet to be announced.
A horror film like no other, Possession is an intense, shocking experience that was banned in the UK as a 'video nasty'. With its dark subject matter and high gore quotient, it's not for the faint hearted.
With their marriage in pieces Anna and Mark's tense relationship has become a psychotic descent into screaming matches, violence and self-mutilation. Believing his wife's only lover is the sinister Heinrich, Mark is unaware of the demonic, tentacled cre ature that Anna has hidden away for liaisons in a deserted apartment and will stop at nothing to protect.
Written and directed by Andrzej Żuławski, Possession is a deeply unsettling experience, aided by the horrific special effects of the great Carlo Rambaldi (Deep Red, Close Encounters, Alien). The film, though banned on video, was nominated for a BAFTA and the prestigious Palme d'Or Award and Adjani's astonishing performance earned her Best Actress awards at the Cannes Film Festival and the French Césars.
- The Other Side of the Wall - The Making of Possession
- Audio Commentary with co-writer Frederic Tuten, moderated by Daniel Bird
- Repossessed - The film's UK and US reception, the 'video nasties' furore and the US recut
- A Divided City The Berlin locations
- The Sounds of Possession - An exclusive interview with composer Andrzej Korzynski about his working relationship with Andrzej Zulawski
- Our Friend in the West - An exclusive interview with legendary producer Christian Ferry
- Basha - A new featurette on Polish artist Barbara 'Basha' Baranowska, who created the famed poster for Possession.
- Theatrical Trailer
- Andrzej Zulawski Interview