View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #40
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Yeah, but how could you read that bit, but NOT the line that preceded it: "These are the formative films in your creation as a horror junkie"? That makes no sense to me.

I would if I could, but we can't edit and rename threads. Hindsight is always 20/20.

This list isn't supposed to be about just what you watched as a kid, but about what you still watch to this day. I used to love Dawn of the Dead as a teen but I hardly ever sit through it anymore. I usually fall asleep to it when I do, so I didn't add it to my list. I was brought up on Hammer and Vincent Price AIP films but I watched them to death as a teen. Same with David Lynch films. With very few exceptions I'm fine with what I have of those films on DVD so I left them off. If you don't watch Halloween anymore or upgrade it then I'd personally leave it off, but that's just me.
I do have to apologize because I did misread. The title of the thread is what threw me off - because it sounds like you're naming essential horror films every horror fan should see/own. Not a list that say help shaped you as a horror fan or are personal favorites that made you a horror fan.

If we were talking absolute essential horror films - I think we can all agree on that NOTLD would be on many lists if not all - yes? No?