View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #24
SickNick89
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Unfortunately it doesn't look like it will be.

From Bluray.com,

"Mr. Kirkus just replied to me and stated Trancas isn't interested in the extra footage he has and he and Don May Jr. worked on, so it will not be in the new release."

I wouldn't be surprised if the team that did Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy and the upcoming Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th do a new 7 hour Halloween doc. and include the footage there. It really is our only hope!

As for this release, all I want are the colours to be fixed, the TV cut, all the extras including those missing from the last Bluray release, and maybe some new extras, which it looks like we will at the least be getting a new commentary! Either way, this is one of my favourite films of all time and I have held off grabbing the last Bluray waiting for this so hopefully it delivers! Now where is the Dawn Ultimate Edition and Phantasm series Anchor Bay!
Arrrg.. This kind of thing really annoys me. The finding of that footage is probably one of the biggest finds for any genre film ever. Nothing warrented a new release more than the opportunity of including that footage on a disc. Halloween has been my favorite film for 25 years and the idea of there being tons of alt/behind the scenes footage was simply amazing! So now that the time has come for a new release with "exciting extras" instead of that footage being the very first thing to start working on (which is should be) we will most likely get the same type of talking heads featurettes spewing the same information over and over. Hey guys did you know the movie was orginally called The Babysitter Murders?? I'm sorry there is nothing left to say about Halloween we haven't heard a million times before at this point. Give the fans somthing exciting, interesting and that they actually want to see. I really wish someone with some heart would put this out.

My DVD Collection:
http://sicknick.dvdaf.com/

Last edited by SickNick89; 06-10-2013 at 04:33 PM.
SickNick89 is offline   Reply With Quote