View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #52
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zompirejoe View Post
These are the films that really made me love the genre. I really miss the glory days of late night horror shows, mom and pop video stores, and theaters being loaded with stuff that would more than likely go direct to video today.
Preach it, brutha! People born in the late 80s to the present don't fully realize what they missed out on. I was young but I at least still got to experience the death knells of drive-in movies theaters, car hops, roller discos, and the like. Also, movies that would stay at the cineplex for months on end rather than come and go in a fortnight. Lines would be practically around the block. Videos wouldn't be released for almost a full year (sometimes longer) as opposed to only a few short months. When I was a kid I went to the movies every week for 2-3 bucks and I didn't need adult supervision to see things like Amityville 2 or Halloween III (an adult buying the ticket was good enough). If I didn't go to the movies there always seemed to be good horror movies on basic, $5/month television on the weekends. In a small town of 13,000 people you could have 5 video stores, not counting the corner markets that also rented films.

Today you have Netflix. And yeah, I admit that is cool to have so many films so easily at your fingertips. But still....I miss the days when people had a reason to leave their homes. It's far too easy to behave like a misanthrope when you never have to associate physically with others.

Last edited by maybrick; 06-14-2013 at 06:24 AM.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote