View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #15
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

I'm really confused why this movie is getting so much praise because it was OK at best. The concept of the film was interesting, but it was executed so poorly I don't know where to begin, I felt like I was watching some sort of body modification fetish movie. At the 40 minute mark I literally said, out loud to myself, "Where the fuck is this movie going?" and that's the biggest problem, it takes why to long for the Soaska's to figure out what it is they are trying to accomplish. There is no "real" story arc to be found, just a mesh of different scenario's thrown together. On the up side, the visual style is cool, the special effects are well done considering the budget, and, I think this goes without saying, Katherine Isabelle is finer than a mother fucker as usual (even in a surgeons clothes she is sexy!). I really wanted to like this movie a lot, but I was really underwhelmed. I think the Soaska's have some sort of untapped potential, but I'm not sure what it will take for them to show it.

Rating: 6/10