View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 02:48 AM   #138
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

From Facebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synapse Films
A fun shot from our new transfer of DEMONS 2. The colors are awesome (if I do say so myself).

Quote:
Here's another pic from our transfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynapseFilms
Still working on them. We just discovered the location of the original elements for the theatrical trailers for both DEMONS and DEMONS 2 in Italy (two items I don't believe were even on the Arrow versions), and a collector has given us access to the cool U.S. theatrical trailer for DEMONS as well. We keep adding stuff... I HOPE they'll be early, but the more we add, the less likely that is to be. But, we just want the presentations of these two to be the best ones ever, so we're taking our time to do them correctly.
Quote:
We still have Steelbooks for both available for preorder. 3000 units is a LOT of discs in the indie world. Our plan for these was to have enough for customers for at least 12 months. They are about half sold through, at only a couple of months in since preorders began, which is more than we thought we would have sold by now (Twilight Time, which has a similar model, still has remainders of their 3000 unit runs even years after they've started selling, with few exceptions) No plans for regular releases of either at this time.
Quote:
Some people don't understand that what I do, with Synapse, is a lot more than most companies that just put out any old master they are given. Synapse spends additional money on color-timing and sound work to make sure thepresentation is the best it can be. On the surface the price looks expensive, but we HAVE to be able to recoup what we put into it, and the licensing costs (these two weren't cheap to license), coupled with the additional 50-80 hours of color timing and audio work do add up. We give our titles a little extra effort in the presentations than a lot of other companies do. I'd rather spend the money on additional sound and transfer work to make the FILM the best it can be and, sometimes, that isn't cheap. Most people complaining about the prices on DEMONS and DEMONS 2 think we're "overcharging" because of the Steelbook packaging and that isn't true. We just put more man hours into the presentations of the films. At the end of the day, of course, any consumer can choose to either buy it, or not buy it. In our opinion, what we've done with DEMONS and DEMONS 2 is well worth the price and, once people see it, I'm sure they'll be happy with their purchases. The fans just look at the price and think we're gouging, but they have NO idea the costs involved in creating better masters
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote