View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #1
Ash28M
HackMaster

The Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh (2012)

Just got done watching Rue Morgue's first full length feature by its founder Rodrigo Gudino and I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. I kind of suspected this would be up my alley after seeing his short film The Eyes of Edward James as a precursor to The End of the Line at TIFF in 2006. It put me right in the mood. This time was more of the same. Great atmosphere and some creepy scenes. It was refreshing to not have all the quick cuts and over done color palette that we have come to expect from films of the new millennium. Just a throw back slow burn supernatural tale and at only 80 minutes it doesn't overstay its welcome. I also like how he took a restrained approach as many directors like to throw everything at the screen the first time around possibly for the fear that they won't get another shot at it. If I had one gripe it would be the showing of the CGI creature a bit too much. If you don't a have the budget then you need to pull back from that and hearing that Rodrigo originally planned to higher a contortionist for the creature. I think he made the wrong choice. Overall though very impressive and I'm looking forward to what he does next.

Last edited by Ash28M; 08-05-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote