View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
Why? It's easily one of the best films of the decade. Not just horror.

It was a bit lax on style (only a bit) and the music was more orchestral than I typically care for. Those are the only reservations I can imagine anyone would have with it.
Lol. I remember going to the screening of the first film on a Wednesday night. I had loved the slasher films of the 80's and wasn't ready for the genre to die off. I didn't care for the actors (I still don't). When I see Courtney Cox in Cougar Town (my wife watches it), I start looking for a cyanide pill...it's that bad. Anyway, I'm getting off topic. I had high expectations being a Wes Craven film. After the beginning with Drew Barrymore, it just lost me. I was familiar with the slasher horror cliches already, and it just seemed as though the entire genre was being mocked. I didn't understand it's massive success, and just chalked it up to "It wasn't made for me, I don't get it (like The Hangover)." Therefore I never revisited it or watched any of the sequels. That was however what, 20 years ago? My mindset may be completely different now.