View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #39
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

I've thought about this a lot lately bad I definitely think Final Chapter is my favourite.

I'd rank them all like this:

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter 10/10 - not the first one I ever saw but the first one I owned. I just love it from start to finish think it's definitely the best of the series.
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives 9.5/10 - the most fun of the series, it's what I consider to be the true 80s a Friday film.
Friday the 13th (2009) 9/10 - vastly underrated in my opinion, it has everything a Friday film needs, good kills, hot chicks, good scares etc. love it. Finally, Derek Mears for me is the best of the Jason's, something I feel was down to the fact that he was able to adapt the best elements from those who came before.
Friday the 13th Part II 8.5/10 - this might have been the last Friday film I saw when I got into the series (which was before Jason X) and it surprised me how good it was, I think it betters the original in many ways. Also I didn't miss the hockey mask like I thought I would.
Freddy vs Jason 8/10 - more looking back on how much I enjoyed this when it was released. I think looking at it now the acting is very cringeworthy but the final fight is still a pleasure to watch. Still this film will forever be the greatest cinematic experience of my life, the audience was totally into it and it delivered.
Friday the 13th (1980) 8/10 - it's the original it's fantastic but unfortunately much like Psycho once you know the twist ending that's it. You know it. Still a great film, Kevin Bacon's death is the standout for he bad it just has an overall great feel.
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood 7/10 - admittedly if this was uncut it'd be higher on my list. Kane Hodder who upon til Mears was my favourite Jason. This is his finest performance and the best Jason look ever.
Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday 6/10 - a good horror film but it fails as a Friday film, still I enjoy it and the real Jason stuff that's in there is great.
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan 5/10 - if I'm in the mood I can enjoy this but it can be fun to watch with friends but it's wholly ridiculous. Jason is magic in this one able to transport to wherever.
Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning 4.5/10 - ermm if I'm in the mood I enjoy it, the copycat Jason stuff doesn't even bother me it's just the ridiculous way it happened. It really needed a better plot.
Friday the 13th: Part III 3/10 - in my opinion the most overrated of the series, it's an awful film, cheapest looking of the series. The narrative is awful, the characters aren't relate able or likeable. Outside of Brooker as Jason I have no idea why this one is loved so much.
Jason X 2/10 - opening is cool then after that it just gets worse and worse.

1. Halloween (1978), 2. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, 3. My Bloody Valentine (1981), 4. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), 5. Fright Night (1985)

Favourite Horror Trilogy: Hatchet Trilogy

Last edited by Bobbywoodhogan; 04-27-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Bobbywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote