View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 03:56 AM   #80
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The book and the movie are completely different. However, I enjoyed them both thoroughly.
I've heard that this is the case and, having just seen the movie and enjoyed it, I am very interested in its origins.

What I liked most about the movie story is that it had a much more interesting premise as far as reality-based options and solutions as far as disease. I mean, yeah, the super-zombies and plane crash were unrealistic: it's a zombie movie, it's not real life. When people nit-pick and start complaining about what could or could never really happen during a zombie apocalypse I have to laugh.

I'm really glad that the swarming effects seem to have come a long way since the first trailers I saw (which looked dreadful and caused me to skip it theatrically).

I also love it when a movie doesn't wrap everything up in a happy, pretty bow a la 28 DAYS LATER.

I am also curious about all of the different store-specific versions--looks like they pulled a STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS as far as that goes. Paramount can suck me.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote