View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #30
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Humanoids from the Deep - I'm honestly not a huge fan of this movie, but Shout Factory's blu-ray is gorgeous. Probably the best transfer of their Corman line. Excellent disc, so-so movie.

Anthropophagus - I love this movie, but I would hesitate to recommend it. It's flawed and somewhat plodding, however it has atmosphere like no other. The setting is just so gorgeous and creepy that I find it wholly engaging.

Madhouse - Is this is the 1981 slasher movie that Dark Sky released? If so, I thought it was okay, but it's not something I would ever watch again. If you skip it, you're not missing much.

Island of Death - It has been a long time since I've seen this, so I don't remember much about it. Personally, I prefer Nico Mastorakis' lighter efforts like The Zero Boys, Grandmother's House, or The Wind. But I'd still recommend it.

Night Train Murders - I'm not a huge fan of Italian films or overly sleazy movies, so I avoided this until the Blue Underground blu-ray. But when I finally did see it, I was very impressed. An effective and well-done re-do of Last House On The Left. Recommended.

The Funhouse - When I used to see this movie on TV as a kid, I thought it was just okay. But then I saw it in 2.35:1 widescreen and was completely blown away. It was like seeing a completely different movie. I think it's an atmospheric masterpiece and it is now one of my all-time favorite horror movies.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote