View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
Franco
Weekender

Posters made of drawings

Do posters made of an artist's drawings don't sell for this new generations? Or is it the type of drawings on 'em?

Maybe it's all generational, no? Just tonight I was appreciating the posters of Fright Night (1985) and Return of the Living Dead Part II (1988). Yeah, they look similar! And oh, I totally LOVE that art!

But then again I'm also captured by drawing-based posters for other genres like comedy (not only horror), for example, that one of Fraternity Vacation (1985)...But then again it's all about the same decade/times.

Do you think it's as simple as drawing-based posters just don't sell today (and today's people rather prefer one based on real photos of artists/landscapes/things) instead of personal representations of 'em? I know maybe today many movies don't deserve a drawn-poster (for the drawing-based poster lover) but, what do you think about it? Let me know.

I just checked Apple Trailers website now... As you can see most of 'em are photo-based even when they show things, rather than drawing-based

Last edited by Franco; 10-02-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote