View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #53
spawningblue
Deadite

I love anthologies and one of the reasons is that each story offers something different, whether it be in tone, story, or monster. I don't think anthologies really set out to be scary, they are just always a lot of fun!

And I could be wrong, but I don't think people are saying this is the ultimate Halloween film because it's better then Halloween, it's more because it has something Halloween related in every frame, whether it be a costume, pumpkin, decorations, etc. I love Halloween, and it's usually the movie I watch every Oct. 31st, but it could use more of a Fall/ Halloween feel in regards to leaves on the ground, pumpkins, decorations, ect. That is where this movie comes in. I don't think anyone is saying it's a better film though, at least I hope not!

As for the sequel being announced, possibly the best entertainment news of the year for me! Hopefully they can get this out next Oct., although from the sounds of it, it seems like 2015 is more likely which is a shame in that it's so far away! Maybe the stars will align though and we will have this and Suspiria on Bluray next Oct. A man can dream can't he?

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote