View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #65
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I watched my copy earlier tonight, and I gotta agree. My only real complaint with the release would be with the transfer. Arrow just messed too much with the contrast/brightness, and the colors do often look quite desaturated. It's "pasty" looking much of the time. The detail is certainly better than the old DVD, but I wouldn't exactly call the colors an improvement. The HD transfer could certainly be improved upon...

But the extra features interviews are great. Lawrence Monoson looks and sounds nothing like he did when he was younger.
Yeah I totally agree. The whole film looked faded and washed out. They definitely used a dated master.

That being said I loved the film. Grabbed it during Arrow's sale, had never seen the film before. Reminded me a bit of Fast Times, but damn this movie is bleak. Did not see that coming. Quite a sobering look at the pain of growing up.

~Matt