View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 03:10 AM   #475
maybrick
HackMaster

By the creators own admission, absolutely nothing in this episode conclusively equals cannibalism. It's all supposition based upon what people know from the comics. It's like how creationists begin at a preconceived notion and then proceed to look for proof to support their belief rather than how a scientist is supposed to look at the evidence and then draws a conclusion. Yes, it could be cannibalism, and I'm sure that the writers are eluding to that intentionally for the benefit of readers. But given what we can see there are easily at least a few other viable explanations to what is happening. Rick could have failed a test by drawing his weapon. Maggie and Glen could've similarly failed the test. The group could conceivably be the bad guys of the story. We don't know anything.

And I don't know if I'd consider Terminus a small town. It seems like there are only about 20 tops in their group. In a world with few humans and no annual hunting season to keep numbers down, it shouldn't be inconceivable that a group that size could survive in that fashion.

Last edited by maybrick; 04-01-2014 at 03:20 AM.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote