View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #48
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
Hey, I really like The Evil Escapes. Pretty cheesy and fun, an early performance from Zoe Trilling is always good on the eyes, and the ending shot is HILARIOUS.
I'm definitely on board with your appreciation for The Evil Escapes. It was easy to follow and kept my attention. So many movies tease the hand-in-the-garbage-disposal gag, but this one actually delivered. That's a fairly cringe-worthy concept, even if the execution is ultimately pretty simple. And the ending was perfect. I'm quite happy to have checked it out. It's interesting that The Omen, Psycho, and Amityville all went the made-for-TV movie route with their fourth installment.

But damn, Curse was a drag. I can't believe how dull it was. And having it completely unrelated to the original house is a mistake. Waste of time. But still glad to have it "under my belt" so to speak.

Now I can move on to Amityville 1992: It's About Time. I love that title. And it's one of those mythical VHS covers that I remember from my childhood. The house and clock seemed so threatening. And even as a kid, I thought that the subtitle was wonderfully clever. I'm annoyed that the copy I have has an obvious matt blocking the "1992" on the title screen. Fuck that shit. The original title is great.

Zoe Trilling was an unknown quantity until I watched The Evil Escapes. Cute, with a very distinctive jawline. Of her filmography, I'd seen Chuck Norris' Hellbound, and Dr. Giggles, but didn't remember her from either (it's been a while on both of them). Found Tobe Hooper's Night Terrors on youtube, but the general consensus seems to be that it's a giant bore, so after skipping around it to find the better parts, I left it well enough alone.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote