View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 09:32 AM   #57
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bruun View Post
While I understand its cult status and artistic merits, the original Dawn of the Dead didn't thrill me on my first and only viewing. I think Fulci's cash-in, while less artistically ambitious, manages the visceral scares better.
Well... it is a more visceral movie than Dawn. Which, Romero's film, was about that "hypnotization" of consumer culture on overload. It's practically hypocritical to even remake that movie on a big budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bruun View Post
A Blade in the Dark I consider downright lousy. The killer's psychology is not only unenlightened (even for the eighties), it's downright insulting. And my idea of suspense isn't having the victim standing there whimpering and attempting neither fight nor flight while the killer approaches slowly.
Lamberto Bava never made "thinking-man's" horror flicks. This isn't a defense, I'm just saying- I think Demons 2 was a fluke.

Although... that made-for-TV movie he did, Graveyard Disturbance... that was almost a decent flick. (Oh, Zombie Dude: there's another reason I thought Hellgate wasn't so bad.)
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote