View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 03:24 AM   #45
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis
The original unrated 1979 US Theatrical edition of 'George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead' has been converted to spectacular 3-D format with care, attention to detail & money, by DNext Media Inc. A Chance to walk with the living daed once again, from the master of the genre himself, and Pennsylvania's favourite director, George A. Romero!
What the hell does that even mean?

I can't help but think this is going to become a Battle Royal situation where nobody wants what Richard P. Rubinstein is selling: an overly expensive mandatory theatrical 3D release with Blu-ray 3D release. Then 5-10 years from now after Rubinstein's looked at the red ink long enough on the 3D conversion he sells cheaper rights without mandated 3D and theatrical releases optional. By then 8K is the new transfer standard and his decade old master is too obsolete to make for a decent release.

I can't see anyone walking away happy from this. Not the fans, not Rubinstein, not even the distributor who will be underwhelmed by the meek sales for the dated master. The saddest thing is I don't think Romero will be around long enough to see an 8K (or beyond) remastering of Dawn because of this dipshit.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote