HackMaster

Child's Play 6 Curse of Chucky has been announced

cant wait and it will be alot less campy than 4 and 5
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/31...rse-of-chucky/
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

I'm a big fan of this series, but Seed was a lowpoint. Not sure how they're going to go from the lame ending of that film into the beginning of this one. But I'm happy to see a new sequel instead of a remake any day. Also really excited that it's supposed to be a throwback to the style of parts 1-3. I was fine with the humor in Bride (probably my favorite of the series), but Seed tried too hard and it ended up being painfully unfunny many times.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
fceurich39
HackMaster

my only worry is direct to dvd angle possible CGI chucky i hope not i guess im just having bad flashbacks of the video game and recent cgi renderings of him talking on the blu-ray
Old 06-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
Nailwraps
HackMaster

It's been discussed via news of the remake that animatronics will still be used for Chucky. You know suprisingly, the 6th film is being called Curse Of Chucky much like how the 6th Halloween film was (re)titled Halloween: The Curse Of Michael Myers. Ain't that a coincidink?
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
fceurich39
HackMaster

maybe the curse of thorn returns in Charles Lee Ray!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
SickNick89
Stalker

Bride of Chucky and moreso Seed of Chucky were so bad that I don't even know if I'll bother with this. I hate the frankenstein chucky look and Seed as a movie was just embarassing.

My DVD Collection:
http://sicknick.dvdaf.com/
SickNick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #7
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

This is also rumored to be direct to DVD. I don't think I could be any less interested.

While I hate remakes, I was looking forward to Holland, director of the original, remaking his own film and bringing Chucky back to his darker, scarier routes. I guess we can kiss that goodbye.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:57 AM   #8
fceurich39
HackMaster

atleast don mancini is doing it and brad dourif is returning to voice chucky and the overall tone of the film is supposed be like the 2 and 3 films which in my books is a big plus even for a direct to dvd sequel.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:33 AM   #9
shape22
HackMaster

That's the key for me too. Dourif's return means I won't dismiss this without consideration. If the reviews are decent I'll see it.

I'll welcome the return of any old school icon if the film has an appropriate throwback vibe.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:17 AM   #10
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Part 2 gave me a few laughs, but I still prefer to ignore the sequels and stick with the first one.

And I have yet to see a direct to video/dvd film that I've actually LIKED.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:39 AM   #11
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Moviehole has more info!:
http://moviehole.net/201255037exclus...this-september
Old 06-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #12
Spacetraveler
Stalker

Maybe Universal will release Child's Play 2 and 3 and even Bride and Seed on Blu ray to promote this movie's release.
Spacetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacetraveler View Post
Maybe Universal will release Child's Play 2 and 3 and even Bride and Seed on Blu ray to promote this movie's release.
bride is supposed to be out in october but no word on 2,3 and seed maybe scream factory will put these out sense they are sublicense with universal on other titles
Old 06-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #14
Nailwraps
HackMaster

That would be wonderful if they did that.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #15
rhett

CURSE OF CHUCKY begins filming in Canada today. The movie is going to be a "Universal DVD original" with Don Mancini once again directing. Here's the official press release:

Quote:
THE WORLD’S DEADLIEST DOLL IS BACK FOR REVENGE IN THE LATEST AND MOST TERRIFYING CHAPTER OF THE CHILD’S PLAY SAGA

CURSE OF CHUCKY

PRINCIPAL PHOTOGRAPHY BEGINS ON THE ALL-NEW UNIVERSAL
DVD ORIGINAL® ON SEPTEMBER 5 IN WINNIPEG

Universal City, California, September 5, 2012 – The sixth installment of the frightening Child’s Play thriller franchise, Curse of Chucky, begins principal photography in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, on September 5, 2012. The franchise comes full circle as Toyland’s most gruesome serial killer returns in a horrifying all-new movie from Universal 1440 Entertainment, a production entity of Universal Studios Home Entertainment. .

“Since his introduction to audiences in Child’s Play almost a quarter-century ago, Chucky has haunted the nightmares of a generation of moviegoers,” said Glenn Ross, General Manager and Executive Vice President, Universal 1440 Entertainment. “Returning to his roots in one of the most provocative horror franchises, this new sequel will shock longtime fans of the series and newcomers alike.”

Curse of Chucky stars Fiona Dourif (The Master, “True Blood,” “Deadwood”), A Martinez (“Longmire,” “General Hospital”), Danielle Bisutti (Get Smart, “CSI: Miami”) and Brennan Elliott (Flight 93, Double Jeopardy). Brad Dourif (The Lord of the Rings, Dune) once again returns to provide the voice of Chucky, the pint-sized doll possessed by the spirit of notorious serial killer Charles Lee Ray, who returns to settle some unfinished business.

The film is directed by Don Mancini, the Child’s Play franchise creator who has written or co-written each of the previous movies and was the director of Seed of Chucky. Also an integral part of the Child’s Play franchise from inception, David Kirschner (An American Tail, Hocus Pocus, Bride of Chucky) produces from a screenplay by Mancini. The film’s top-flight production team includes special-effects wizard Tony Gardner (Zombieland, Seed of Chucky), production designer Craig Sandells (Mother’s Day) and costume designer Patricia J. Henderson (ATM).

SYNOPSIS
Nica (Fiona Dourif) is grieving over the gruesome suicide of her mother when her domineering older sister Barb (Danielle Bisutti) arrives with her young family in tow to help settle their mother’s affairs. As the sisters butt heads over Nica’s plans for the future, Barb’s young daughter comforts herself with a grinning, red-haired talking doll named Chucky (voiced again by Brad Dourif) that recently arrived mysteriously in the mail. But as a string of brutal murders begins to terrorize the household, Nica suspects the doll may hold the key to the bloodshed. What she doesn’t know is that Chucky has a personal score to settle. He’s determined to finish a job he started more than 20 years earlier, and this time he’s going to see it through to the bloody and shocking end.