View Poll Results: Who Won in Freddy vs. Jason
Freddy 3 6.67%
Jason 28 62.22%
Draw 14 31.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
rhett

Who won in Freddy vs. Jason?

Alright folks, time to settle this once and for all. Jason and Freddy mounted quite the cinematic battle, and while Jason may have come out with Freddy's head, Freddy got the last laugh. In the 2003 clash of the horror titans, who do you think came out victorious?
Old 07-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Voted Freddy. But in the end we (the audience) lost, because the movie was dog dirt.
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #3
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buechlers_beard View Post
Voted Freddy. But in the end we (the audience) lost, because the movie was dog dirt.
Beat me to it
Old 07-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
Mok
Family is Forever

I say Jason. He was up in Freddy's shit the whole time stealing kills. The last scene clearly shows who won the final fight. There is implication that Freddy still has something up his sleeve, but it doesn't count until it happens. So maybe if they ever do another one (please god!) Freddy may come out on top but until then, round 1 goes to Jason. He wins the battle, maybe not the war though.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
deepred
Maniac

It's like a big dog versus a small cat, the dog wins.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
dave13
HackMaster

I would have voted for New Line. They're the ones who made out like bandits at the expense of gullible moviegoers and whatever small amount of dignity either franchise still had up until that point. goddamn, I remember how disgusted I felt walking out of that theatre. time has certainly healed most of that wound, but the memory of the pain is still very strong. the only comparable memory I have is from Blair Witch 2.

So I vote draw, since the idea of anyone actually "winning" in relation to that film is laughable. and, also, I think that was the intention of the filmmakers - to avoid upsetting either group of fans by not having either icon as the clear loser. its pretty indicative of the quality of the film - promising a massive smackdown but then not delivering on any kind of resolution.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
Mok
Family is Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
I would have voted for New Line. They're the ones who made out like bandits at the expense of gullible moviegoers and whatever small amount of dignity either franchise still had up until that point. goddamn, I remember how disgusted I felt walking out of that theatre. time has certainly healed most of that wound, but the memory of the pain is still very strong. the only comparable memory I have is from Blair Witch 2.

So I vote draw, since the idea of anyone actually "winning" in relation to that film is laughable. and, also, I think that was the intention of the filmmakers - to avoid upsetting either group of fans by not having either icon as the clear loser. its pretty indicative of the quality of the film - promising a massive smackdown but then not delivering on any kind of resolution.
Yeah how dare they follow up the Citizen Kane of Friday the 13th films, Jason X with this drivel.

Quote:
time has certainly healed most of that wound
Are you fucking serious?
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok View Post
Are you fucking serious?
yeah, more or less. it still makes me angry when I think about it, but I just don't think about it that much any more.

and you're right about Jason X, etc. - a decade removed, and in the context of the rest of the crap that had made up most of the recent entries (New Nightmare excepted) in either series, FvJ just isn't as offensive as it once seemed.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #9
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Jason kicked his ass. Chopped off his head and rose from the water depths - I don't care about that wink shit in the end.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:53 AM   #10
zombiehorror
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Jason kicked his ass. Chopped off his head and rose from the water depths - I don't care about that wink shit in the end.

Lori chopped off Freddy's head, Jason only stabbed him with his own gloved hand that he had previously ripped off! Up to that point Freddy had already wounded Jason with Jason's machete and tossed him into the water to boot!

I voted draw....
zombiehorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #11
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehorror View Post
Lori chopped off Freddy's head, Jason only stabbed him with his own gloved hand that he had previously ripped off!
That's right, I forgot. Nonetheless, Jason won! haha.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #12
Uncle Jay
Stalker

JASON, end of discussion.

-UJ

Uncle Jay's Laserdiscs
Uncle Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:50 AM   #13
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buechlers_beard View Post
Quote:

I voted draw as well. But both of these answers are correct for the most part.

Quote:
wait, what?

Yeah she's kind of hot at times. But I prefer Katharine Isabelle in FvsJ.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #14
dayglo
Maniac

Jason walked away, and that equals the winner in my eyes.

dayglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #15
deepred
Maniac

The worst thing about FvJ was Monica Keena imo! She was just awful ... lol.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote