Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-30-2014, 05:55 AM   #1
NaturesMistake
Stalker

Phantasm 4: Could Mike be the Tall man

I picked up a few things on a recent re-watch. First, the Tall Man leaves Mike his suit in the hurst. Reggie also has a dream in which Mike looks like the Tall Man. Mike also makes what looks to be a prototype sphere during his experiments with his new found power. I know the obvious conclusion would be that the Tall Man is grooming Mike to be like him. But what if that's not the case and some kind of Terminator paradox is going on? Now, in this installment, we find the portals can lead to different moments in time as we see an old man that looks like The Tall Man before he was evil. What if Mike took his form because he was the creator of the portal technology? After all, The Tall Man has many forms. I'm thinking every time a new Tall Man comes through the gate after being defeated, it is another product of all the events prior, that it's Mike at the end of his journey. Even Jody says Jebediah never comes back through the gate. How it all started with this theory however, I haven't the slightest clue. But, it's Phantasm, so it doesn't need to make perfect sense. For all we know it could be, "all in his head."

Last edited by NaturesMistake; 03-30-2014 at 04:02 PM.
NaturesMistake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:00 PM   #2
Doombear
Stalker

My theory: I think the Jebediah Tall-Man was retiring/dying and trying to recruit Mike as the next Tall Man to take over his slave-mining business in the other dimension.
Doombear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:06 PM   #3
Mok
Family is Forever

NM: Wouldn't you have to discount the other films for that theory to work though?
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:52 PM   #4
NaturesMistake
Stalker

That might be the case Doombear, that's what I always thought myself, but the time travel aspect seemed to lend this possibility watching it again the other night.

I don't know Mok... The series has its share of inconsistencies and dream like logic, but the fact that the Tall Man wants to kill him in the first one does make it strange. Hell, much of the first film may have not even happened though. It could have been a premonition of what was to come because from part II and onward, the Tall Man wants him alive. The two things that throw me off are that the Tall Man has a gold sphere in his head (Mike's is silver) and the biggest wtf would be the question of how it all started. Then again, Terminator has that same wtf question when it came to John Connor's father. Also, anybody ever wonder why there is only one Tall Man at a time?

Last edited by NaturesMistake; 03-31-2014 at 08:59 PM.
NaturesMistake is offline   Reply With Quote