Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-19-2008, 12:41 AM   #31
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Went into Zellers today and just when I'd about given up, I looked to my left and saw THE BIN.

Picked up:

3 Extremes II
The Cavern
King Kong (1933)
Intermedio
Dark Harvest 2
The Nun
Red Riding Hood
Sea Of Fear
Serial Killing 101
Werewolf Hunter
Carnosaur 2

They also had Beyond The Reanimator, Red Rock West, Seed Of Chucky, and a bunch of other crappy DTDVD flicks....I know a lot of the ones I bought are going to be crap movies but I figured for $2.99, it's still cheaper than renting. Plus I got real excited when I found Werewolf Hunter and 3 Extremes II in the bin. Spent Approx. $42

Last edited by maskull; 10-19-2008 at 12:44 AM.
maskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:46 AM   #32
walkingdude
Megatron

I still to this day wonder how Zellers stays in business.Around here it's all staff and no customers.They don't offer enough to keep people away from Wal mart and the clearout DVDs here are not much.A few Anchor Bay titles but the quanaties are very limited.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:49 AM   #33
rhett

I can confirm that the first Carnosaur is there as well. Maskull, was that King Kong the nice Warner special edition? And for $2.99? If so, that's a steal.

Yeah, I don't know how Zellers stays in business - that place is always a ghost town. They're still selling VHS, for Christ's sake.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:52 AM   #34
walkingdude
Megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
I can confirm that the first Carnosaur is there as well. Maskull, was that King Kong the nice Warner special edition? And for $2.99? If so, that's a steal.

Yeah, I don't know how Zellers stays in business - that place is always a ghost town. They're still selling VHS, for Christ's sake.
I bet you still have longing in your heart for The Met you
silly Canadian
Old 10-19-2008, 01:00 AM   #35
Mattapooh
Maniac

Quote:

If it's the same King Kong I saw here, it's the one that came out a few years back before the amazing SE.

I totally agree about Zellers being a ghost town, there's one here in the same area as a big Walmart, Costco, and all the other usual suspects of a shitty suburban shopping district with supermarkets, furniture stores, etc., but there's never anybody there. At the same time, I usually tend to find a lot of cool stuff there. My girlfriend found a REALLY cool Coca-Cola tanktop, shirt and pajama pants there (we're both huge fans of old school Coca-Cola merch so it worked out well) along with a bunch of other really cool shirts. I bought a fog machine there that was $15 (marked down from $26, I'm gonna use it for photoshoots and random flicks I'll shoot down the road), plus I've gotten a TON of really cool DVDs in their sale bins for $2.99 or $4.99.

At the same time, it's hilarious that these places manage to stay in business. I still stop by there every few weeks to check out what's there, but they've gotta be bleeding money consistently as a company.
Mattapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:03 AM   #36
Mattapooh
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingdude View Post
I bet you still have longing in your heart for The Met you
silly Canadian
I thought it was MetMart at last check? Canada's got a ton of crappy department stores.... Saan, Bargain Giant, Biway (that place was hilarious), but the best of all is the Newfoundland-exclusive one called Piper's.
Mattapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:12 AM   #37
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

The one I went to was pretty empty as well. Usually is. Of course this time it was pretty early in the morning so that's to be expected. I know the one where I used to live was pretty busy all the time though.

No first Carnosaur at my store unless it sold out. I'm thinking of heading over to another Zellers tomorrow and seeing what they have. So far Zellers is kicking Wal-Mart's ass for Halloween deals this year.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #38
Ash28M
HackMaster

checked in at my local Zellers again today and picked up the Killer Action double feature with Dead-End Drive In and Cut and Run for $6.87.

Has anyone seen The Legend of Lucy Keyes? i saw it there for 2.99. looked like it has some potential. I guess for that price I should of just tried it out

Last edited by Ash28M; 10-21-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:09 AM   #39
pacinofan
Stalker

Quote:
Is it the Carnosaur w/ "Special Edition" in huge letters down the side, even though the edition is not very special at all?
pacinofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:57 AM   #40
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
checked in at my local Zellers again today and picked up the Killer Drive-In double feature with Dead-End Drive In and Cut and Run for $6.87.

Has anyone seen The Legend of Lucy Keyes? i saw it there for 2.99. looked like it has some potential. I guess for that price I should of just tried it out

I saw that one at my Zellers too. Also didn't pick it up (the pile was getting a bit too big to carry as it was). Maybe I should check it out. At the least Julie Delpy's in it.

Have they been re-stocking the bins or just letting them sit and empty out?
Old 10-21-2008, 04:01 AM   #41
rhett

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacinofan View Post
Is it the Carnosaur w/ "Special Edition" in huge letters down the side, even though the edition is not very special at all?
Yes, that was the one. I've only seen it at one of the three Zellers I went to though, so who knows how many there are.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:40 AM   #42
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskull View Post
Have they been re-stocking the bins or just letting them sit and empty out?
There weren't too many i didn't remember seeing before so they many not be adding more but the bins are still pretty stocked.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:12 PM   #43
indiephantom
Horny Spirit

Just got back from the one on Sparks St. in Ottawa. I was pretty late getting around to this, but I want to check a couple other Zellers this week.

Got lots of goodies (or baddies), including some of the Maple/Lions Gate stuff if it looked interesting and had an 18+ rating.

Carnosaur
Switch Killer
The Mangler 2
Dead Doll
The Stalker
BTK Killer
The Mailman

non-horror:
12 and Holding
The Last Seduction II (yes, I loved this and Joan Severance is amazing)
Picture Claire
Quick

Cost me like $38 bucks. Not too shabby.

indiephantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:40 AM   #44
MorallySound
There is no magic.

I found the bin at a local Zellers the other day.

Carnosaur 2
3 Extremes II
The Brain That Wouldn't Die (Uncut)
Faust: Love of the Damned
Cut
Milo (Haven't seen this one since it first came out in '98 I believe. I remember it being pretty decent.)
Seed of Chucky (Unrated)

And they also had the new Child's Play DVD for $4.99!! So of course I bought that as well.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #45
ecw17
Screamy Bopper

Went to my local Zellers, could only find Seed of Chucky for $2.99. I did pick up the Sometimes They Come Back Double Feature for $7.99 (Not the best price, but I love all thing's King)
ecw17 is offline   Reply With Quote