Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-18-2008, 10:33 PM   #46
BrokeNads
Stalker

Is some very good deal in Zellers. I go to the Zellers and I see so many 2.99 dvds and I want all of them so I now I cant carry so I ask the person work there that I want 1 copy of every movie in this bin and they look at me funny and he go away. So I wait so I can see him maybe he is come back with a box to help me but he never come so I go talk him again and say excuse can you help me because I want one copy of each movie in this bin and he say ohhhh I think you are joking! I say no!!!!

So here is the dvds I get for 2.99 each. Also I make comment on ones I already see with hilight color.

Bloody Murder (garbage)
Jackhammer Massacre (Bad-Average has moments, this guy is kill people with jackhammer but is has to be plug into electric socket to work, strange because if people run away they not to be killed, but they dont.)
The Mailman
House That Dripped Blood
Joshua
Love Object (Pretty good)
Lost Souls (Not very good, is ok)
Motorhome Massacre (Garbage so bad is good , make me laugh because so stupid some parts)
King Kong Original b/w (Very good)
Monsterman (good)
The Nun
Slaughterhouse Massacre (Garbage)
Intacto
The Stalker
Cube Zero (Average - Is ok but not to be need to make. Some of characters is silly acting and stranged. Some part is intrest but some is not. Watch original Cube movie instead.)
Curse of The Devil
Twists of Terror
Dark Fields
Red Riding Hood
Dark Town
Devils Backbone (Good)
Cutthroat Alley
Martin (Average-Is ok, good to see early work from Savini and story is ok)
The Legend of Ghostwolf
Graveyard Alive
3 Extremes 2
666 Demon Child (Garbage)
Are You Scared
Attack of The Sabretooth (Garbage worse CGI I ever see in the ending of this movie)
Beyond Reanimator
Dark Hours (Good)
Dead Doll
Blackwater Vallery Exorcism
Bloodletting
Bog
Demonic
Eye 2 (Good)
The Butcher
Carnosaur 2
Chopping Mall
Juon 2
Switch Killer
Fiend
Tick Tock (Good) This dvd is surprise good because I am expected crap but is defective this dvd. When I put inside player is say disc error but then I press play and is play good so is just maybe error with reading the dvd when is first insert just in case this problem is happen to other people. I try 3 difrent dvd player as is say error every time put work fine when I press play.
Tamara (average - some good killings)
Toolbox Murders (remake)
Twisted Sisters (Average but bad because this is heavy edits- I hear about this movie before so I am intrest to see but when I see I am very disapoint because is edit. This is Canadian version distribute from Maple and is missing 7 minutes of fotage. Is missing a sex scene when after she do oral sex she is cut off his castration and also many scenes of nudity. Is strange to understand because is a scene where she put a firecracker in the rectum of the man and is explode his rectum and intestine and this scene is include but not the castration. Also is strange because the scenes that is edit is parts to be seen in trailer and also in behind the scene featurette. I think only Canadian version from Maple is edit because is 90 minutes and other versions is 97 minutes.
Undead (Good)
Waterborne
White Dog Sacrifice
Tales Of Voodoo Volume 2 (Bad is good - Double Feature is contain movie called Ghost Ninja and another I cant rememeber. But is Ghost Ninja is a very bad ninja movie and is hilarious!!!!! I love this. The good ninja is call people on his Garfield telephone and the bad ninja gang is out of shape losers and with no martial art skill! Zero skill! This movie is funny bad.)
Zombiez (garbage - very bad but is good for laugh with friends. First is not even zombies in this movie is like a gang. Also is rediculous things is happen. One scene is the woman is run out from the forest and is almost hit with a car. The car is crash into post but car is not even near to the post. So woman go to see if driver is ok and she open the door and the drive fall out and her heart if fall on the floor and the woman say do you have cell phone? Then she is hear moan from the forest and she think is her husband and she go see and is the zombie gang people and they throw a rock at her in the head and then they laugh. Very stupid. Is good only to make fun of with friends and some beer.
Buisness is Business
Century Hotel
Faust
Santeria
Tail Sting
They Crawl
Werewolf Hunter

I hope this help with people who think about purchase. If you want to add a good or bad comment please do this to help so people dont make a purchase of bad dvd. Thanks

Last edited by BrokeNads; 01-21-2009 at 11:47 PM.
BrokeNads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:56 PM   #47
old-boo-radley
They stay the same age...

If anyone is interested, I read that Zellers is now selling HD-DVDs for under $5. I don't have a Zellers here, so I can't confirm.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #48
BrokeNads
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-boo-radley View Post
If anyone is interested, I read that Zellers is now selling HD-DVDs for under $5. I don't have a Zellers here, so I can't confirm.

Is maybe the case because is also at Walmart hd-dvd for 5 dollar.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #49
Ash28M
HackMaster

Stopped by Zellers at Woodbine today. THey did have a bunch of HD-DVD's for $6.99

I Picked up.

Leatherface TCM 3 - $2.99
Spontaneous Combustion - $2.99
Cronos - $7.99
What's the Matter WIth Hellen/Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? - $7.99
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:47 AM   #50
indiephantom
Horny Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
Spontaneous Combustion - $2.99
I'm always looking for that one. Maybe I'll pop by some Zellers this week.

indiephantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:27 PM   #51
streetlight
Victim

can anyone else confirm there are copies of "Chopping Mall" on dvd at zellers for $2.99? I mean, I believe Broke Nads but I wont have a chance to go to a zellers for a couple weeks and i'd love to get my hands on a dvd of it and its encouraging to hear if others have found it also
streetlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #52
rhett

More sales at the shopping Tundra that is Zellers? I guess that gives me an excuse to head out to the mall today.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:13 PM   #53
BrokeNads
Stalker

Is true Zellers have Chopping Mall. I love to go to Zellers in my area because is have many 2.99 movies so I go every weeks. I only see the one copy of Chooping Mall when I buy and not more after this time but is dependant on what is the Zellers you go because is all difrent stocks. You maybe to find other movies not in other Zellers. And I am go every week and I go Christmas week to see what is for 2.99 and every thing is empty. The 2.99 bin is have only maybe not 10 movies even and is crap ones so I am to hope is they filling up the bin again soon after new years because I think many people are to purchase this cheap movies for storking stuffers for presents. Is always to replenish because I see new movies inside 2.99 box sometimes when I go. I hope you find Chopping Mall. I also since purchase more movies in 2.99 so I having to make update on this list I make in other post. To do this soon.

Go see my blog. Blog of Brokenads! To amaze yourself!
http://brokenads.blogspot.com/

Last edited by BrokeNads; 12-31-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #54
Mok
Family is Forever

Giant Tiger has $1 DVDs.

Picked up Fiend and Driller Killer. They also had Suspiria - $1
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #55
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok View Post
Giant Tiger has $1 DVDs.

Picked up Fiend and Driller Killer. They also had Suspiria - $1

Thanks. I may have to check that out.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #56
streetlight
Victim

haha I just checked out Giant Tiger yesterday, got Blood Harvest and Fiend for $1 each. Also got Frankenstein General Hospital for $1 on VHS, I was surprised to see that one.

The suspiria and driller killer are on a label called "guillotine". I would expect a really crummy transfer so I wouldnt recommend buying them unless you don't own the movies
streetlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #57
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlight View Post

The suspiria and driller killer are on a label called "guillotine". I would expect a really crummy transfer so I wouldnt recommend buying them unless you don't own the movies

Yeah i kind of feared that. You could of warned us about that Mok. It may save someone a trip.

Last edited by Ash28M; 01-12-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #58
Ash28M
HackMaster

Stopped by Zellers Today

Eyes of a Stranger - stickered at $6.87 but paid $4.87 at Cashier.
House of Voices (2 disc Eng and French versions) - $2.99
Dark City (Theatrical version) - $2.99
Old 01-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #59
Mok
Family is Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
Yeah i kind of feared that. You could of warned us about that Mok. It may save someone a trip.
I haven't watched them yet

Sorry dudes.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #60
Mattapooh
Maniac

This seems to be back on, only it's not as crazy as last year. Rather than a box full of discs like last year, there were just a bunch put up on one side of that four-sided display they use for cheaper discs.

I grabbed 2001 Maniacs and The House that Dripped Blood for $2.99 each, the rest was all Lions Gate stuff that I either already had or didn't want. I'd say check out your local Zellers to see if they've got something a bit better going on and let's all hope that there's another big sale coming up like last year.
Mattapooh is offline   Reply With Quote