Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-22-2009, 01:46 AM   #31
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Thank you but I wasn't trying to own him so to speak.

He just went on here, got on his soap box and it bothered me because I hate hypocrites and I'm sorry but telling someone to buy a bootleg privately the an publicly bashing them makes you a hypocrite in my book.

I respect the guy for starting his own business and making it work but that about covers it.
I know that, but reguardless, it was just highly amusing 'n cool to me to read all that he wrote, and then to read your post in retrospect immdiately after, ect. It was all just too funny to me, and I was chuckling as I read your latest. It was just really cool to me. And yeah, hypocrites, hehe.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:51 AM   #32
CodeRedDVd

thanks for twisted my old I send to you last year. You keep bothering me about VIDEO DEAD via email that bothering me to the point I had to tell you to leave me alone. You wanted me to tell you who own the film, but you are not in the business to know for you do not own or operate in the entertainment industry. Why do you think MGM ignored you when you call? Because you are not in the business. MGM owns the title because they got the Manson international library. I told you to buy the Bootleg German one so you will leave me alone with your constant email. Now you know who owns it. Just let me die in peace for you are thorn in my back for this crappy movie for this is the 2nd time you posted my email I send you. you are the reason why I no longer respond to emails. I lost $103,000 in 2007, and $68,000 in 2008 because no one buys these horror films. All I get is you who seems to want CODE RED dead because I can't get VIDEO DEAD. I hate to tell guys, but I am almost out of funds, I am joining BCI soon.

Last edited by CodeRedDVd; 07-22-2009 at 03:06 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:13 AM   #33
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Grow a brain Bill.

I emailed you twice, once asking, and a response. That's all. I have the one email from you and that's all I ever got from you.

The "thorn in your side" you're pretty funny.

You more than likely stopped replying to emails because people were bitching about you bitching about everyone else bitching. Like your whole rant with NIGHTMARE on how no one's going to get special features because no one wants to wait or some b/s like that.

You're just pissed off because I called you out on what you said and had proof to back it up.

Where's these supposed mass of emails I sent to you regarding this title?

I'd love to see them.

Oh and by the way, MGM didn't ignore my call - I spoke with two representatives and they flat out told me; they have no rights to the title. Ignoring me would be not telling me anything at all.

And just to check I called and asked them about a title they DID own and yes they told me they did in fact own that title.

They won't ignore their consumers inquiries, that's just bad business.

Last edited by chrismac87; 07-22-2009 at 03:26 AM.
chrismac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:24 AM   #34
CodeRedDVd

If you hate me just quit posting about me. Email I send you is between you and me, not the world. You are the reason why I do not respond to emails anymore. I have nothing more to say regarding your constant egging.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:42 AM   #35
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

You're putting words in my mouth, I never said I hated you - unless you're calling yourself a hypocrite because I did say I hate them.

You brought this on, I didn't. I posted about the film coming out and you got on your soap box about not buying bootlegs and blah, blah, but told me less than a year ago to buy a bootleg.

You're the one saying I hate you and want Code Red dead for not distributing this film. I think I've clearly stated I don't care who distributes it as long as it comes out and again it's not a vhs to DVD transfer or a rip of the Monsters HD print with the logos embedded in it.

I've never once stated I disliked your company or the films you release. I have stated I found one of your releases very unprofessionally put together and I don't think it's right you didn't try to rectify the situation but who am I but just the schmoe who buys the films you release right? What say do I have?

According to you, none. Studios just ignore people like me who only get them a paycheck every week because I buy the films they put out.

Silly me for thinking fans had any input whatsoever on DVD releases or inquiries about titles.

What's even more funny about this whole thing is I asked Don May of Synapse films to help me and he was more than willing. He went above and beyond the call of duty in asking around for me, meanwhile I get the above email from Code Red after asking for the FIRST time.

Simply priceless.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #36
fceurich39
HackMaster

I don't think Mr. Norton realizes the demand for The Video Dead now a days and him calling it a crappy movie is a laugh because it is better than virtually all of code red's library of movies

also last i heard the nightmare dvd Mr Norton said they did find someone to translate the subtitles for the director's interview i still like their company but lost respect for the owner

Last edited by fceurich39; 07-22-2009 at 04:02 PM.
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:24 PM   #37
BlackAndBlu81
Stalker

Im not taking sides here at all. But I think we are being a little harsh. I can see both sides of the argument. I dont really see any reason to lose respect for Bill. I mean you would have to look at this from his position. That is a helluva lot of money to lose. And considering alot of that is CodeReds fault for some of the titles they distribute. And its true horror fans are very rarely happy. I mean look at the NOTC thread again. There are people who wont even buy the creeps dvd because of cover art. Thats just fucking crazy. So imagine owning some dvd titles that you think everyone wants. And they just dont sell. Or the ones you do put out people complain about. I see his point there. I also dont wanna scare him away from posting here again. I do own and like alot of CodeReds dvds. I like when he updates us on their progress. I just think alot of the complaining Bill does he kinda brought on himself. Im also banking on the new Video Dead dvd being WS. Just a feeling I have. Is there any studios besides Lionsgate(some titles) that still put out FS dvds?
BlackAndBlu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #38
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Dood - WHAT is going on in this thread?!?!
Old 07-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #39
Body Boy
HackMaster

I also see both sides of the argument. But...I agree it should have been left in messages, between the two 'fighters'. There is no reason to exploit each other other than to cause controversy.

Not sure what's up with the Video Dead DVD. I'm guessing it is an unauthorized release that just happens to have come into falling with the widescreen original print. Lucky demons.

So yeah. While I don't agree with all of Bill's responses, I also keep in mind that I myself do NOT own a distribution label, nor do the people attacking him, so I can't pretend to know what to do about the situation. However, it's no shock Code Red is losing money, especially in these tough times, so when people whine about them not releasing info on any titles, I think they should be given some slack. And like BlackAndBlu81 said, there are still some nutty fans who won't buy dics because they're too stuck up about cover art or some minor misprint of words. It's ridiculous! None of these flicks released by any of these companies are 'Gone With The Wind'. Be happy they will come out eventually and if something happens and it doesn't get released, then so be it. They haven't been released in the 13 years DVD has been alive, so is your life really gonna change all that much?

..*sigh* Hope I didn't ramble. LOl.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #40
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Before this whole thing started, I really didn't have anything personal against Bill.

He was rude about the whole thing and attacked me by calling me, "the thorn in his side" for contacting him about this title ONCE. As I stated previously, I emailed him twice, once asking him, and once replying to his email and sent him a message on here. I'm sorry but how is that being a thorn or an annoyance to anyone when one email was asking a question, two actually because I wasn't sure if he'd get it on here or on his personal email address, and the last thanking him for his time? That makes a good reason not to reply to customer's emails?

I'm sorry for causing so much drama around here with said argument and yes I agree it should have remained private.

As far as what's going on with this released, who knows? I cannot find any contact information for Televista or JEF Films. All I have is the number for MVD and they know nothing about the title because they didn't put any work into it, they're just distributing it. The only information they have is what Televista gave to them which is the film is in widescreen, although a friend of mine informed me Televista is infamous for saying a release is in widescreen but when it finally comes it is in full, and whatever info is on their site.

Does anyone know where we can get the contact info for Televista so someone can ask them directly since they're the ones who "licensed" the film to MVD???
Old 07-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #41
Angelman
HackMaster

Not pointing fingers at all but this sucks. This forum is filled with everything BUT threads about new DVDs, and this is a good example of why. We don't buy anymore, the discs don't sell, either... and most of the good ones are trapped in an endless sea of red tape and title rights issues. Trust me, when I first started in this business I worked at a co (no longer around) with a huge catalog of titles but the paperwork was BURIED as were all the elements. It was ridiculous. No one knew where the paperwork OR the elements were (in an on-site vault). Literally, I went through it once and found camera negs (usually stored properly) sitting around in loose cans. And understandably, even in the good financial days of the late 90s, only the big sexy titles sold well, so those were the ones that they cared about.

We are all part of the problem.

Can we move on to something more positive?
Angelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #42
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Before this whole thing started, I really didn't have anything personal against Bill.

He was rude about the whole thing and attacked me by calling me, "the thorn in his side" for contacting him about this title ONCE. As I stated previously, I emailed him twice, once asking him, and once replying to his email and sent him a message on here. I'm sorry but how is that being a thorn or an annoyance to anyone when one email was asking a question, two actually because I wasn't sure if he'd get it on here or on his personal email address, and the last thanking him for his time? That makes a good reason not to reply to customer's emails?

I'm sorry for causing so much drama around here with said argument and yes I agree it should have remained private.

As far as what's going on with this released, who knows? I cannot find any contact information for Televista or JEF Films. All I have is the number for MVD and they know nothing about the title because they didn't put any work into it, they're just distributing it. The only information they have is what Televista gave to them which is the film is in widescreen, although a friend of mine informed me Televista is infamous for saying a release is in widescreen but when it finally comes it is in full, and whatever info is on their site.

Does anyone know where we can get the contact info for Televista so someone can ask them directly since they're the ones who "licensed" the film to MVD???
Why not just wait until it's released and there's a AV review, then you'll know whether it's widescreen or not. And whether or not it's an actual release or a boot. What's the rush? There's no point in getting all tangled up in plaid, just have some patience.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #43
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

That's true but it would be nice to have this info early so people wouldn't get their hopes up.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #44
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
That's true but it would be nice to have this info early so people wouldn't get their hopes up.
agreed i would like to know if it is really in widescreen like the monsters hd version was
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #45
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Dood - WHAT is going on in this thread?!?!
My thoughts exactly!!!