Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #16
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

Was this the Archives disc? If so how was the quality?
Darga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:48 PM   #17
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darga View Post
Was this the Archives disc? If so how was the quality?
i would like to know as well or maybe he has the vhs or region2 dvd
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #18
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thJuggalo View Post
Does anyone have any other examples of these DVD-R's released through a major studio? I haven't heard anything about this prior to this thread.
You can read more about it here: http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/s...ad.php?t=38650

I'm not against the concept, but seeing as people are turning out better products cheaper from their own basement I think Warner is doing too little with too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKateB View Post
Approx. 4:17pm: Just got off the phone with a salesgirl from WB.com, who can't explain why the title isn't showing up anymore, but got approval from "someone" on her end to sell the title to me over the phone....However, the total price including shipping is now 10.00 more than my entire invoice was from the night before, so I politely say "no thanks" and that's that.
That's interesting because it's been delayed. I'm very curious if they really would have sent you a copy then and there, if a supervisor really tried to push it through. I doubt it.

Warner's website is not friendly to anything but top of the line computers on high speed internet. A very bone headed move when running an online store. That it is such a success despite these issues is a testament to there still being a market for such titles.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?

Last edited by X-human; 08-09-2009 at 07:46 PM.
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:12 AM   #19
MrKateB
Asshole Extraordinaire

yes, it sure IS interesting, isn't it. I went back there yesterday (despite my statement to several friends and myself to the contrary) because I was curious about Bermuda Depths...I thought...WTF, I'll try one more time...I placed an order for both that and Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, and even though it did reiterate that DBAOTD was preorder and not being released until the 18th (consistency IS good) the order went through, and I even got something to print out...

SO, they must have fixed whatever the hell was up...maybe the "glitch" was the fact the release date was changed and all, but still, it doesn't really excuse all the bullshit I had to go through, or the pricing thing...I saw both titles online for 14.95, and that's still different from what I got quoted over the phone with the sales rep...

Thank god there are only a few titles I think I'd be interested from this source, because I really dont' think I want to deal with them much, it's like russian roulette sort of.

http://www.nightofthesorcerers.com
MrKateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #20
MrKateB
Asshole Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Sounds like a big PITA (Pain in the ass).

Was the second smokable material DMT?

hahahaha....I don't even know what that is, but it sounds funny. Of course, I'm smoking that second smokable material again, so everything is funny to me right now.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #21
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

DMT was a big party drug in the 70's, like the disco era. It could be inhaled, smoked or snorted. Reportedly a 20 minute intense trippy high were you shouldn't be alone the first time. Apparently it's making a comeback.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:25 AM   #22
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Yeah, I watched the R2 disc. I'm assuming the DVD-R will be of similar quality.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #23
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

I just went ahead and ordered the R4 disc from an Amazon marketplace seller. It was $11.88 including shipping. I'm still not sold on these DVD-Rs, although if you haven't got a region-free player I guess it's the only option.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #24
springjack
Maniac

What is the best picture quality dvd available? R2UK or R4?

For the extras I would prefer R4, but is the same print?
________
VAPORGENIE VAPORIZER

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 09:05 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #25
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

I was never able to find a picture quality comparison of the two, so I just went ahead with the R4 because of the inclusion of the "Jaws on Trotters" documentary.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:20 AM   #26
MrKateB
Asshole Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post

DMT was a big party drug in the 70's, like the disco era. It could be inhaled, smoked or snorted. Reportedly a 20 minute intense trippy high were you shouldn't be alone the first time. Apparently it's making a comeback.
Oh...No, what I had was nothing that glamorous. Just your ordinary average green leafy veggies.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:18 AM   #27
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKateB View Post
Oh...No, what I had was nothing that glamorous. Just your ordinary average green leafy veggies.
Good stuff - gotta love the sweet greens. You should see the mis-conceptions and bashing going on towards herb in the "Quick Question..Is it Dangerous..." thread.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #28
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Yeah, I watched the R2 disc. I'm assuming the DVD-R will be of similar quality.
Hey MorallySound, is the R2 disc uncut? The R4 disc is cut but includes the edited gore from the kill scenes in the extra features, although unfortunately it is from a full frame VHS.

Which brings up my next question- has anybody ordered or watched the Warner Archives disc of this yet? Still curious about the quality and whether all the gore is intact.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #29
springjack
Maniac

All versions available on dvd are the theatrical version

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=7387
________
Amateur German

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 09:06 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #30
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

Thanks, springjack! Now at least I know that I don't have to investigate the UK R2 any more closely.

Who knows, maybe the Warner Archives' disc will be uncut. They must have had an uncut master to make the uncut VHS home video release way back when. The old VHS version was uncut, wasn't it? At least that's the way I remember it, but that was over 15 years ago when I last saw it.