Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #61
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post
werewolf tv series ( ok it got cancelled but that's not shout factory's fault) , slumber party massacre series with hopefully better transfers the super edition of kingdom of the spiders , stepfather ( it was SF wasn't it?)

shout factory may just superceed anchor bay for my favorite genre title releasing company
Agreed! Now if only they'd purchase all the Hammer horror titles and re-release them with anamorphic transfers!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:18 AM   #62
Harry Warden
HackMaster

Just read on the temporary Fangoria site that Shout Factory is releasing the original Gamera this coming May. Sounds good to me. This will be a must buy.
Harry Warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:35 AM   #63
HellRazor
Maniac

I want a multi-DVD set with the original (Japanese and English dubs), the American Albert Dekker version, and the Sandy Franks version.

Gamera is really neat, he is filled with turtle meat.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #64
Erick H.
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRazor View Post

Gamera is really neat, he is filled with turtle meat.
Ah,Mystery Science Theater,I miss that !
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #65
scott71670
Maniac

They Just scored the rights to MAX HEADROOM!!!
scott71670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #66
X-human
I ate my keys

Now that Shout! Factory has Gamera and MST3k under the same roof there's been speculation of a release of the Gamera episodes but Cliff says the Gamera rights owners have no interest in that.

Sad to say perhaps, but I would think a MST3k Gamera bookset could very well outset the Gamera straight boxset.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #67
HellRazor
Maniac

From what I've read, Sandy Franks was really pissed off by what MST3K did with the films and refuses to renew the rights so that those episodes can be released on DVD.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:45 AM   #68
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Death Race 2000 Blu has been detailed!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4373

"Shout! Factory has released the edition details for Death Race 2000 , which will come out on Blu-ray on June 22. This movie, the biggest box office hit for a Roger Corman production, is set in a world where the biggest entertainment is the three-day Transcontinental Death Race, whose winner is the driver who racks up the most points by killing innocent bystanders. The Blu-ray has been transferred from the interpositive film element.

Special features include:
Audio commentaries:
Roger Corman and Mary Woronov
Assistant director Lewis Teague and editor Tina Hirsch
David on Death Race: A brief look back from star David Carradine recorded in 2008
Playing the Game: Looking Back at "Death Race 2000"
Ready to Wear: In-depth interview costume designer Jane Ruhm on her inventive work for this film and other Roger Corman classics
Designing Dystopia!: A detailed look at the film's futuristic landscapes and now-classic race cars with co-art director B.B. Neel, car designer James Powers and car constructor Dean Jeffries.
Start Your Engine!: How the world of Death Race 2000 came to life, interview with original story creator Ib Melchior
Killer Score: An all-new interview with composer Paul Chihara on the creation of the film's eclectic score, which was also his first feature film composition.
Leonard Maltin interviews Roger Corman about Death Race 2000
Original theatrical trailer
Original theatrical trailer with commentary by filmmaker John Landis, courtesy of trailersfromhell.com
Collectible 12-page booklet
New World trailers

Following the release of Death Race 2000, upcoming titles on Blu-ray are Piranha, Starcrash and Battle Beyond the Stars."
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:44 AM   #69
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Wow, now I'm really getting excited! That sounds like it's going to be an awesome Blu-ray.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:06 AM   #70
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Just got an email from Amazon saying the release date of the Death Sport disc has been pushed back to Aug. 3rd? That was one of the releases I was really looking forward to as I am a big Claudia Jennings fan.

Damn...just have to wait a little longer.

Last edited by Chomp; 04-01-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:17 AM   #71
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Just got an email from Amazon saying the release date of the Death Sport disc has been pushed back to Aug. 3rd? That was one of the releases I was really looking forward to as I am a big Claudia Jennings fan.

Damn...just have to wait a little longer.
I got that email today from Amazon also, it looks like the release date has indeed changed.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:22 AM   #72
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Death Sport? You mean the new Death Race 2000 DVD from Shout! Factory, right? Also, Shocktillyoudrop has reported that the new release will have (and I quote), a "New Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1.85:1) in high definition from the inter-positive film element ".

EDIT: Never mind, I look at the Amazon page for the Death Sport/ Battle Truck Double Feature (which Chomp was right about it being delayed). Death Race 2000 will still be released in June.

Last edited by Nailwraps; 04-01-2010 at 05:23 AM.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:36 AM   #73
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Glad I sold my standard dvd of Death Race 2000 when I did. This Blu-Ray will indeed be the definitive release of this cult classic.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:58 AM   #74
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
Death Sport? You mean the new Death Race 2000 DVD from Shout! Factory, right? Also, Shocktillyoudrop has reported that the new release will have (and I quote), a "New Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1.85:1) in high definition from the inter-positive film element ".
No. Death Sport is sort of a sequel to Death Race 2000.
________
Amateur swingers

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 09:28 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #75
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Death Race 2000 Blu-ray art:

And Amazon pre-order: http://www.amazon.com/Death-Roger-Co...0010712&sr=1-3

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote