Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-26-2010, 06:15 AM   #31
meljon
Victim

This looks awesome. They seem to be following the comic pretty close. It makes me wonder how there gonna handle the story later on, because there's some pretty extreme stuff in the books. I do need to go back and read my first couple issues though because I dont remember the tank, but it has been a few years since I read them.
meljon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #32
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

That trailer looks amazing.

I don't think they'll have to take too many liberties with the books, they have ALOT of source material to cover that could easily last over a few seasons.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #33
baggio
HackMaster

Check this out.

My friend who works in New York called me & said that while he was coming out of Penn Station this morning. This happened:

"As I walked out, there was this homeless person walking towards me. He was bleeding from his mouth & looked like he was hit by a bus. His shoulder & arm appeared to be disjointed. I actually stepped back a little. When I got out(passed him) there were about 50 others like him, zombing around , draped on parked cars, etc... There was a huge crowd of onlookers"

How cool was that? I'm so jealous.

Then I found this article:

AMC’s DRAMA SERIES “THE WALKING DEAD” STRIKES MAJOR CITIES WORLDWIDE WITH ZOMBIE INVASION

26 Cities “Infected,” Including New York, Washington D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, London, Munich, Madrid, Rome, Athens, Johannesburg, Sao Paolo and Buenos Aires

AMC and Fox International Channels (FIC) Unveil Plan to Stage Global Invasions on Tuesday, October 26

New York, NY/Los Angeles, CA – October 25, 2010 – In anticipation of the premiere of AMC’s new drama series, “The Walking Dead,” on Sunday October 31 at 10 p.m., AMC and FOX international networks plan to stage a worldwide zombie invasion stunt. “The Walking Dead’s” international broadcaster, Fox International Channels (FIC), will kick-off the stunts with overseas invasions beginning at daybreak in Taipei and Hong Kong on Tuesday, October 26, and moving across the globe where the stunt culminates at the show’s Los Angeles premiere.

A week prior to the unprecedented global premiere of the show, AMC and FIC have planned to target one day multi-city events that will occur during morning commute peak hours. Taking direction from “The Walking Dead’s” legendary make-up artist Greg Nicotero, hundreds of zombies will consecutively take over major cities worldwide during a 24-hour period. The planned global outbreaks will center in and around the world’s major landmarks, including the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City, the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C., Big Ben in London, the Prado Museum in Madrid, the Bosphorus Bridge in Istanbul, the Acropolis in Athens and more. They will begin at daybreak in Taipei and Hong Kong, followed by Istanbul, Madrid, Munich, London, Sao Paolo, Buenos Aires, New York City and Los Angeles, among others. Attacking a total of 26 cities, each outbreak will be documented and shared with fans the world over as it happens.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/25...invasion/69527
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #34
Paff

I don't know. I've seen these organized "zombie walks", and they seem pretty stupid...

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #35
Copyboy
Maniac

Does anyone know if this is based on 28 Days Later or was 28 Days Later based on the comic of The Walking Dead or is one a rip-off of the other or is there just no connection at all? The whole waking up in the hospital to a zombie apocalypse angle seems to be a bit too coincidental.
Copyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #36
Mok
Family is Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
I don't know. I've seen these organized "zombie walks", and they seem pretty stupid...
Yeah too many punk-ass kids.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #37
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyboy View Post
Does anyone know if this is based on 28 Days Later or was 28 Days Later based on the comic of The Walking Dead or is one a rip-off of the other or is there just no connection at all? The whole waking up in the hospital to a zombie apocalypse angle seems to be a bit too coincidental.
I really do think it's just a coincedence. Neither seems "based" on the other, but yeah,they're pretty identical at first. After that though, they veer off in completely different directions. I'm deep into the comic series, and it's very good. It's like a Romero movie that just never ends.

Paff's Laserdiscs
Old 10-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #38
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
The only thing they really have in common is the opening with the waking up in a hospital bed.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #39
Workshed
October!

Quote:
It's just a coincidence, and the Walking Dead writer commented on this when his book came out. The two properties were released so close together (Walking Dead was after) that it would be difficult for Walking Dead to have piggybacked/copied 28 Days' story. Essentially, this was the story Walking Dead wanted to tell, and the writer wasn't going to let 28 Days Later's similarities make him change it.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:27 AM   #40
Copyboy
Maniac

Cool! Thanks for all the info. Can't wait to see it!

Four more days, kids! It's almost time!!!
Copyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:54 AM   #41
Horrorphilly
Maniac

I LOVED IT! Finally someone got it right.I had a blast and the time blew by, I felt like tearing up a couple scenes.The gore was right one, I liked the characters alot! Bring on more episodes!

Sean
Horrorphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:18 AM   #42
Harry Warden
HackMaster

I really liked the first episode as well. Some pretty creepy parts and a lot of suspense. I am looking forward to future episodes of this series. The character development looks to be quite good, as well as the acting. AMC didn't spare much in terms of gore either. It looks like I will be glued to the TV on Sunday nights.
Harry Warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:08 AM   #43
KGBRadioMoskow
HackMaster

Got one FU comment about AMC, they were so set on fitting in every commercial they possibly could in the lead up film (the Dawn of the Dead remake) that they decided to just cut off the end credits and go straight to rolling the Walking Dead premiere.

Apparently no one at AMC knew squat about the scenes during the DotD remake credits, or didn't give a damn anyway. Now I'm not a huge fan of the DotD remake, but it's major middle finger to the horror film audience to slice off the gory end of a film during a major hyped Halloween program run just to have room for more commercials.
KGBRadioMoskow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:53 AM   #44
Paff

Well, I only wish AMC came in HD on my provider.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it. Obviously, they're slowing down the pace of everything (tonight's episode only covers about 20-30 pages of the comic), but that's really the right way to go about it. Some of the zombie headshots were pretty nasty, as well as the zombie makeup (except for the little girl at the beginning....that was mediocre at best). And the finale
Spoiler:
under the tank
was a great added sequence that wasn't in the comic. Looks like Sunday nights are reserved for me and The Walking Dead

Paff's Laserdiscs
Old 11-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #45
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

Can't wait for next Sunday!

In fact, I might have to torrent the next episode...

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote