Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #46
Criswell
HackMaster

We dont get these type of hosted shows in Australia now. But gee it must be hard in the dvd/internet age coming up with ways of showing films like NOTLD, Carnival of Souls, last Man on earth etc, which are in massivly wide distribution and available on seemingly EVERY compilation box set.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #47
Steel76
Maniac

Yeah, that´s one of the boring things about this internet age. Everything is so easy to find these days that the old magic of seeing an old (obscure) classic on Late Night TV is gone

I actually miss the old VHS days when you had to work hard to hunt down a copy of those rare ones. And when you found them it was one of the greatest feeling in the world

The kids today sure have got it easy
Old 10-11-2010, 01:31 AM   #48
Suicide
Space Bastard!

I just set to record it tonight at 1. I'm happy she's back but I've seen Night of the Living Dead so many times it's ridiculous. Although I understand she's probably not got a wide variety of choices with what she can use.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:46 AM   #49
Erick H.
HackMaster

I like the Black Belles track that they play on the new show but I would love to get the full length version of the old show's opening and closing scores.I guess those double feature discs they put out a couple of years ago of old eps still contain all the music.Can anybody confirm that ?
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #50
chancetx
Stalker

iTunes is selling a collection of Elvira hits including the original opening theme and music from her movies as well as the tracks she did for her Rhino CDs. No closing theme music in the iTunes package, but maybe you can find a dowload of her old VINYL MACABRE album which included both.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/elv...ts/id380065081
chancetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:25 AM   #51
Erick H.
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancetx View Post
iTunes is selling a collection of Elvira hits including the original opening theme and music from her movies as well as the tracks she did for her Rhino CDs. No closing theme music in the iTunes package, but maybe you can find a dowload of her old VINYL MACABRE album which included both.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/elv...ts/id380065081
Thanks very much for the info,glad to hear it's available !
Old 12-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #52
X-human
I ate my keys

Elvira's released a sneak peak at the stop motion opening to her Christmas episode, which apparently is airing only AFTER the holidays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fipakbz0s70

She'll be doing Santa Claus Conquers the Martians I believe.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #53
Erick H.
HackMaster

Very nice,kind of a NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS with boobs !
Old 02-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #54
X-human
I ate my keys

DVD releases in the works:
Quote:
Now that the show has been revived with last September's debut of a new "Elvira's Movie Macabre", fans are wondering if there are DVD plans for it. One fan in particular, Scott Smith, asked about this at the official Facebook fan page of Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. Here's his question, and the answer:

* Scott Smith - Posts in an earlier discussion...stated that the new Elvira's Movie Macabre would be released on DVD after the first season. How many episodes constitute the first season? Has a company been selected to release this series? Will any extras be included in the DVD's?

* Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (official) - The show will be available on DVD after the season has aired. There are 26 episodes total, and the DVDs will include some great extras. We'll have more info for you on that later on this year.

So far 13 episodes have been aired in first-run syndication, so we're halfway to the end of the first season
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Elviras...-Planned/15000

I wonder if Shout! will pick them up. Someone somewhere has said the Shout! discs didn't sell too well so who knows if they'll pass on this one or not.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #55
crikan
HackMaster

It's good to know they are coming to DVD. They are filling up my DVR. Now I can watch them at a more leisurely pace.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:37 AM   #56
X-human
I ate my keys

It's official:
Quote:
[O]n June 14th, 4 of the 26 first-season episodes of the 2010 series will be available, with Elvira's Movie Macabre - Night of the Living Dead/I Eat Your Skin and also Elvira's Movie Macabre - The Satanic Rites of Dracula/The Werewolf of Washington. Each of these titles has a list price of $14.98 for just over three hours of content (184 minutes and 187 minutes, respectively), but you can pre-order them from Amazon.com at a discount. According to the document provided to retailers, all the films are digitally remastered, and presented on DVD in full screen format, with English audio and subtitles. Extras, if any, have not been mentioned at this time.
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Elviras...shington/15211

Sweet, Werewolf of Washington was high on my want list (she does Sarah Palin) so it's great to see that first out the gate. This will also my my 7th copy of NotLD, I own 4 other DVDs plus two Elvira discs of it already.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:10 AM   #57
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

I'm glad these are getting released to DVD as I can't pick up this show where I live. I hope these sell well, otherwise they may go the same route as the other Elvira discs.

Last edited by rxfiend; 06-25-2011 at 06:15 AM.
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:16 AM   #58
eric_angelus
Testacular

Cool. I have been enjoying these and recording them, but it is a pain in the ass deleting the commercials. I will pick all of them up even though I have most of the movies already...including the original Werewolf of Washington hosted by Elvira. I wonder if they will feature uncut prints (as opposed to TV versions) like the old Elvira discs did? It would be nice to have a more complete print of Lady Frankenstein. Also I noticed on my local station's airing of Santa Claus conquers the martians they actually censored some of Elvira's and Breather's lines.
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:58 AM   #59
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I'll be picking these up for sure...

It appears as though my local affiliate dropped Movie Macabre. It use to be on Saturday nights at 12AM, but they've been playing Svengoolie in that time slot since Christmas.

Kinda sucks...
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:20 AM   #60
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_angelus View Post
I wonder if they will feature uncut prints (as opposed to TV versions) like the old Elvira discs did? It would be nice to have a more complete print of Lady Frankenstein. Also I noticed on my local station's airing of Santa Claus conquers the martians they actually censored some of Elvira's and Breather's lines.
Hopefully. If not Shout! Factory is releasing Lady Frankenstein this fall, hopefully that will be fully uncut.

How is the print of Santa Claus that Elvira used? Svengoolie showed that for Christmas last year too and it was a print I'd never seen before. Much darker but with different print damage (yes I've seen it that many time) but more colorful and I was curious about the source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
It appears as though my local affiliate dropped Movie Macabre. It use to be on Saturday nights at 12AM, but they've been playing Svengoolie in that time slot since Christmas.

Kinda sucks...
That does suck, but I'd almost rather have Sven if only because you can't find his stuff as easily.