Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #61
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkblower View Post
Sequel or remake, not looking forward to it either way.
Yeah agree just leave the franchise alone.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #62
buck135
The Duke of New York

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/25308

With the news breaking late last night we had to wait until this morning to work our magic.

Bloody Disgusting is being told exclusively that Sam Raimi is gearing up to produce a quasi-remake of The Evil Dead, his breakthrough horror film from 1981 that starred Bruce Campbell as "Ash", a modern day warrior who fends of resurrected deadites.

In an exclusive scoop, we're told that Fede Alvarez (Federico Alvarez) is directing for Raimi's Ghost House Pictures and Mandate. The remake was announced way back in 2004. No word on casting or if Bruce Campbell will return.

As Dread Central reported yesterday, it sounds as if caasting is already taking place in Detroit, Michigan for a "low budget" shoot before Raimi steps behind the camera for Oz: The Great and Powerful.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #63
X-human
I ate my keys

Evil Dead is a lot like Suspiria in that to take that same premise and put it in someone else's hands really misses the point. A perfect example is Equinox, which has an almost identical plot but is radically different.

You need Bruce Campbell in front of the lens and Sam Raimi behind the lens.

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash was interesting because Sam Raimi was attached to direct. I think it was crazy enough to work.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:15 AM   #64
Workshed
October!

Exclamation

Well, folks, it's official again:

Raimi Issues a Press Release, Confirming the Remake:

Quote:
GHOST HOUSE PICTURES WILL RESURRECT THE DEAD

Original Producing Team – Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert & Bruce Campbell –

Remaking Horror Classic ‘The Evil Dead’

To be Written and Directed by Fede Alvarez

Los Angeles (July 13, 2011) – Sam Raimi and original producing partners Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell (who also starred in the original franchise) are gearing up to remake their cult sensation THE EVIL DEAD through their long standing Ghost House Pictures partnership. Raimi and Tapert were such instant fans of Fede Alvarez’s short film “Panic Attack” that they set up a blind deal with the filmmaker and through that process have attached Fede Alvarez to write and direct the film. Alvarez wrote the script with Rodo Sayagues. Academy Award® winning screenwriter Diablo Cody is currently doing revisions on the draft. Ghost House is committed to renewing the franchise and has the film on the fast track.

Raimi, Tapert and Campbell will serve as producers. Ghost House Pictures partners Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane will executive produce. Nicole Brown and J.R. Young will oversee the project for Ghost House. Lionsgate will handle international sales on the film.

The three producing partners commented, "We are committed to making this movie and are inspired by the enduring popularity and enthusiasm for the ‘Evil Dead’ series. We can't wait to scare a new generation of moviegoers using filmmaking techniques that were not available to us thirty years ago as well as Fede bringing a fresh eye to the film’s original elements."

Raimi wrote, directed and, along with Tapert and Campbell, produced the original horror classic THE EVIL DEAD that tells the story of five twenty-something friends who become holed up in a remote cabin where they discover a Book Of The Dead. An archaeologist's tape recording reveals that the ancient text was discovered among the Khandarian ruins of a Sumerian civilization. Playing the taped incantations, the youths unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival. THE EVIL DEAD spawned a franchise with the equally successful installments EVIL DEAD II and ARMY OF DARKNESS.

Fede Alvarez is represented by CAA, Anonymous Content and attorney Karl Austen. Diablo Cody is represented by Sarah Self at WME, Mason Novick, and attorney Jeff Frankel of McKuin Frankel Whitehead LLP.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:58 AM   #65
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 07-14-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:56 AM   #66
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Well said.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:18 AM   #67
shape22
HackMaster

I have zero interest in any Evil Dead film without Campbell front and center and Raimi as director. But this sounds like it could be an epic train wreck. Diablo Cody? For real?

Is anyone still excited about this?
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:52 AM   #68
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post

Yeah completely agreed fuck this. Sorry but I bleed Bruce Campbell.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:33 AM   #69
SaxCatz
Maniac

Despite my earlier acceptance, I am totally against this if it doesn't feature Bruce and isn't directed by Sam.
SaxCatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #70
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxCatz View Post
Despite my earlier acceptance, I am totally against this if it doesn't feature Bruce and isn't directed by Sam.

Despite my eariler doubts this will ever happen, I now believe and couldn't care less.

Next up, Shia LaBouef is Snake Pliskin in Escape from Cleveland.(I made that up and if it happens assume no responsibility)

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #71
rhett

Quote:
Los Angeles (July 13, 2011) – Sam Raimi and original producing partners Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell (who also starred in the original franchise) are gearing up to remake their cult sensation THE EVIL DEAD through their long standing Ghost House Pictures partnership. Raimi and Tapert were such instant fans of Fede Alvarez’s short film “Panic Attack” that they set up a blind deal with the filmmaker and through that process have attached Fede Alvarez to write and direct the film. Alvarez wrote the script with Rodo Sayagues. Academy Award® winning screenwriter Diablo Cody is currently doing revisions on the draft. Ghost House is committed to renewing the franchise and has the film on the fast track.

Raimi, Tapert and Campbell will serve as producers. Ghost House Pictures partners Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane will executive produce. Nicole Brown and J.R. Young will oversee the project for Ghost House. Lionsgate will handle international sales on the film.

The three producing partners commented, "We are committed to making this movie and are inspired by the enduring popularity and enthusiasm for the ‘Evil Dead’ series. We can't wait to scare a new generation of moviegoers using filmmaking techniques that were not available to us thirty years ago as well as Fede bringing a fresh eye to the film’s original elements."
Old 02-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #72
Workshed
October!

Casting News: Ash is now kinda, sorta a woman

Quote:
Just a week or so after losing Lily Collins, Deadline reports that the upcoming remake/reboot of the Evil Dead franchise regained a leading lady, this time in the form of Suburgatory star Jane Levy.

The new Evil Dead will be helmed by Fede Alvarez, who also wrote the film’s script which is currently getting the once over from current ‘it’ scribe Diablo Cody, and will find Levy as Mia, “a character that corresponds to Ash,” the original series protagonist.

According to the outlet, the film will follow “five young people who head to a remote cabin where evil awaits. Recovering from a recent overdose, Mia is particularly vulnerable.” Original director Sam Raimi is aboard as producer with his shingle Ghost House Pictures, so hopes are insanely high for this project.
via here

Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #73
Dobby
HackMaster

Old 02-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #74
Mitbox
Stalker

Weird stuff. I like Lily Collins though, she's funny and cute. Maybe we should just forget it has anything to do with evil dead so we won't cry after getting mentally raped when the movie comes out.
Mitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:02 AM   #75
dave13
HackMaster

"hopes are insanely high for this project"

dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote