Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-15-2011, 05:27 AM   #16
Erick H.
HackMaster

Episode 2 seemed to have taken a page from the infamous Richard Speck murders.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #17
Paff

Second episode was even better than the first. I'm in for the season.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #18
soxfan666
Maniac

Any other DirecTv people see that they are talking of dropping FX and Fox Movies on Nov. 1 due to poor contract negotiations? If you visit ourpromisetoyou.com they explain it. I will be majorly bummed if this happens as both American Horror Story and Justified are at the top of my tv viewing list. At least the FX website has complete episodes.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #19
fallon6190
Victim

I've DVR'ed all the current episodes but haven't gotten a chance to watch them yet.
fallon6190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #20
burieddeep
Stalker

I like the wife in it...nice MILF.
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:49 AM   #21
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

I didn't really care for the first episode, but stuck through the next two and thought they were a little better. I'm finding both the husband and wife characters to be quite annoying so I suppose that's a major stumbling block.
Darga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #22
Anaestheus
HackMaster

I've just started watching this based on the recommendations here. I can't say it's a good show, but, damn, I just can't stop watching. I wish that at least one of the characters was not completely repellent. But this is such a fantastic parade of perversion and abhorrent behavior that I am completely hooked.

I can't help but feel that this is some sort of repression explosion on the part of the creators having done Glee for so long.
Anaestheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #23
Mok
HackMaster

Thanks for merging the threads Paff

I watched the pilot episode last night. It's got some interesting ideas, but at the end of the day, for a couple reasons, I say, fuck this show.

For one, last night's freebee was a one-off. They want you to subscribe to a new channel to watch the rest of it. It might sound like sour grapes, but if that's the way it's going to be, this show can go fuck itself. There's too many shows out there. This show better be the Citizen Kane of TV shows if they want me to bother with that.

Another thing, and this is an increasingly annoying trend these days, the show's focus is so divided that half the time you don't know if what your watching has any bearing on the plot or if they are just fucking around to fill out the time. I got annoyed with bullshit like that when watching True Blood. Little sub-plots that serve as distractions more than anything. It's an HBO TV series trend. "Let's have all kinds of random shit going on so that the viewer thinks what they're watching is quirky and edgy! Meanwhile we get away with creative masterbation and pad out a season with barely any meaningful plot advancement." That's how they write for TV these days. Dole out the shit you want to see in small amounts and coat it in meaningless bullshit.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:12 PM   #24
zompirejoe
Maniac

So far everything that has happened on the show plays out to have some bearing on the plot. I've actually found it to be even more interesting in it's third episode, than in it's first. What do you mean it's a one off , and about subscribing to a new channel ? FX is on basic cable here, do you have a dish that doesn't include FX ? Anyway, it really deserves a chance and is really hard to judge by it's first episode. To each his own though.
zompirejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:33 AM   #25
Mr. Eddy
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by burieddeep View Post
That maid is hot as hell! The young version that is. Kinda looks like Evan Rachel Wood( who is smokin' also).
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #26
Mok
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zompirejoe View Post
What do you mean it's a one off , and about subscribing to a new channel ? FX is on basic cable here, do you have a dish that doesn't include FX ? Anyway, it really deserves a chance and is really hard to judge by it's first episode. To each his own though.
The impression I got was that they were airing one episode (pilot) on basic cable, but you have to contact your cable provider about getting this FX channel. If FX is a new free channel, I take it back on that point.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #27
mclay18
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by burieddeep View Post
Connie Britton's always played MILFs in her last couple of roles -- Kyle Chandler's wife in Friday Night Lights and Nancy's mom in the Nightmare remake.

Hopefully she'll get nekkid in this show eventually.
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:07 AM   #28
zompirejoe
Maniac

It looks like we'll be viewing a second season of American Horror Story !

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/31/am...ed-season-two/

I'm very happy to see the ratings are so good for this show, I love it !
zompirejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:10 AM   #29
blackeye
Screamy Bopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok View Post
The impression I got was that they were airing one episode (pilot) on basic cable, but you have to contact your cable provider about getting this FX channel. If FX is a new free channel, I take it back on that point.
FX has been around for years.
blackeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #30
scott71670
Maniac

I love the way that it seems to be two horror stories in one. You get these supernatural elements, and if you took them out, you'd still get the 'American Horror Story' which is the infidelity, failure to find work, teen angst, and mortgages.
scott71670 is offline   Reply With Quote