Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
_pi_
Peace, bitch

New upcoming short: CHILD EATER

Hey everyone!

It's been a while since I posted ... I blame being back in school. My life took an insane u-turn from living a 'regular' life to being crazy busy all the time ...

Oh well. It has its upsides ... like this new short film I'm making. It's a part of my thesis requirement at the Columbia University film program, and it will be the first full-on horror film I've done (after having done some horror comedy and 'dark' stuff).

It's called CHILD EATER (working title, although I think it has a catchiness to it) and basically it's about Helen, a young babysitter who has to convince little Lucas that the boogeyman isn’t hiding in his closet before he drifts off to sleep.

Too bad for Helen, and Lucas for that matter, the local legend of an eye-stealing madman who goes after little kids might just be true.

Obviously, Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street are huge influences, but I hope I've managed to write it into a direction that is entirely its own. I'm crazy excited about the project!

And now, here comes the shameless self-promotion part: We're trying to spread the word about this film as far as we can. The horror fan community - and this forum especially - has always felt like a family, so I'm hoping you'll help me out with this

If you can go to our Facebook page and 'like' it, I promise that there will be lots of fun stuff there to actually like in the near future! (Right now we have some reference visuals, which are kind of cool).

http://www.facebook.com/RobertBowery

And if you're feeling especially generous, we just launched a Kickstarter campaign -- you'll find a simple little teaser there. All donations, big or small, would help us immensely (and I'd be forever grateful!)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...39/child-eater

Oh, and if you have an opinion about the title - please let me know! I'm very conflicted. On one hand, it's attention-grabbing, on the other .. it's a little cheesy, isn't it? You tell me ...

THANKS!

Baby, there ain't nothing good about this goodbye.
_pi_ is offline   Reply With Quote