Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Classic

Old 04-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
X-human
I ate my keys

RiffTrax Live: "Manos" The Hands of Fate 8/16/12

From Rifftrax's Facebook page:
Quote:
RiffTrax Live: "Manos" The Hands of Fate will be broadcast live from The Belcourt Theatre in Nashville, TN on August 16th. Tickets to The Belcourt go on sale next Friday April 20th. Don't miss your chance to see the guys in person!

Can't make it to Nashville? No worries. The show will also be simulcast to select movie theatres nationwide. Tickets go on sale at a future date. Stay tuned for more info!
When Cinematic Titanic did Santa Claus Conquers the Martians that as a let and when Rifftrax did Plan 9 From Outer Space that was a bit of a let down too. I'll have to see how up to it any of my friends are.

Too bad they won't be utilizing the HD restoration: via Twitter
Quote:
MT@briansebby Yay! Will you be riffing on Manos with the @Manos_in_HD version?

@michaeljnelson No, not Ben Solovey's restoration, just a very nice print.

@michaeljnelson To clarify, our upcoming Fathom show is unrelated to Ben Solovey's "Manos" restoration: check out his progress here. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...he-restoration

@michaeljnelson Rest assured, regarding our upcoming Manos Fathom show, we have secured a very good theatrical print, not the crappy VHS copy.
Especially since Legend Films will be putting this out on Blu-ray anyways it seems almost a waste to put out competing editions.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Spit
HackMaster

Does anyone else feel like they are kind of cheating when Rifftrax does a movie that MST3K already did? I've never bothered to watch the rifftrax of a movie I know from mst, are the jokes different?

When your a drug addict, its important to pace yourself -Bill
Spit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit View Post
Does anyone else feel like they are kind of cheating when Rifftrax does a movie that MST3K already did? I've never bothered to watch the rifftrax of a movie I know from mst, are the jokes different?
As far as I know this is the first movie Rifftrax is doing that MST3k has already done. Cinematic Titanic only has a MST3k retread for Conquers the Martians.

I watched Titanic's last Christmas and found it to be quite a few steps below the MST3k version. At best the jokes were runners up to the originals. At worst there was just dead silence where MST3k would have some good ones. I found Elvira's few riffs from the year before to be much-much-much better surprisingly. Better film transfer too.

I think the point of doing these retreads is the live experience. Plus they can do the whole length of the movie. Both Martians and Manos were edited down for broadcast.

I'd rather they just keep forging new territory like Santa and the Ice Scream Bunny. I also like when they do stuff like Harry Potter because it's often the only way I'd ever watch a movie like that.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Tickets to see RiffTrax Live: "Manos" The Hands of Fate in theaters on August 16 will go on sale Friday, June 8.

Don't miss your chance - sign up at the page below for an email reminder!
http://www.fathomevents.com/original...=RiffTraxManos

I'm starting to think this might be worth checking out because it's going to be seen because everyone's going to want to know "how could they possibly do Manos again?"

Old 05-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #5
Erick H.
HackMaster

If it plays here I will go,I've actually enjoyed the three live Rifftrax that I've seen in the theater.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
Zillamon51
Maniac

I've seen every Rifftrax Live simulcast so far, and I'm not going to miss this one! Their last one, Jack the Giant-Killer, was utterly hilarious; their best one yet!

I'll be right there!
Zillamon51 is offline   Reply With Quote