Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #16
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
Glad to see Romero's Dead trilogy is represented (though Dawn would make my # 1). Also glad to see Videodrome and Jacob's Ladder. What I feel is missing is The Ring and In The Mouth Of Madness. I can do without Ringu, Eraserhead and Rosemary's Baby (and I'm a Polanski fan). A Nightmare on Elm Street needs to be higher and Friday The 13th needs to be represented. I've said this before, I'll take the opinions of all of you on this board than some random website.
To be fair, I wouldn't say it's a random list from a website. They do provide the list of contributors and some of the names are pretty interesting. Clive Barker, Coffin Joe, Roger Corman, Joe Dante, Frank Darabont, Ruggero Deodato, Adam Green, Alan Jones, Jeff Lieberman, Lucky McKee, John McNaughton, Greg Nicotero, Eduardo Sanchez, Guillermo del Toro, Ti West, Rob Zombie etc.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #17
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

I actually think this list is very competent and is obviously from a fan rather than critic's perspective.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #18
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
To be fair, I wouldn't say it's a random list from a website. They do provide the list of contributors and some of the names are pretty interesting. Clive Barker, Coffin Joe, Roger Corman, Joe Dante, Frank Darabont, Ruggero Deodato, Adam Green, Alan Jones, Jeff Lieberman, Lucky McKee, John McNaughton, Greg Nicotero, Eduardo Sanchez, Guillermo del Toro, Ti West, Rob Zombie etc.
My apologies. I didn't even look at anything other than the list on the site.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:03 AM   #19
spawningblue
Deadite

Yeah it's actually a decent list in what films are represented. There's a few I would replace but overall a good choice of films. For me personally though the order need to be drastically changed, but again, just my opinion.

And am I the only one that doesn't think texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of the best horror films of all time? Don't get me wrong I do thoroughly enjoy it, but it would definitely not be that high in the list for me. I wouldn't even put it in my top 10!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #20
spawningblue
Deadite

I know we have compiled many top 100 lists on this site but we ever done something like this where everyone throws out their top 10 flicks to form the top 100 list? If not we should start one up!

My Movie Collection

Old 05-10-2012, 05:07 AM   #21
Paff

What is it with you Canucks and your lists?

I kid, I kid. But only sort of. I mean, what would yet another top 10 or top 100 list made by the members of this site show? I guess my real question is, do you guys take it seriously when a movie is ranked 28th that you think should be ranked 36th? There's only so much quantification you can do with film.

I'm so tired of lists, especially in this genre, as the top films are predictable. You'll get Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Rosemary's Baby, The Thing, The Shining, some older Universal films, some Hammers. Exciting.

I liked the list in the OP, as it had some interesting titles in the lower half before it became the same ol same ol.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #22
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post

I kid, I kid. But only sort of. I mean, what would yet another top 10 or top 100 list made by the members of this site show? I guess my real question is, do you guys take it seriously when a movie is ranked 28th that you think should be ranked 36th? There's only so much quantification you can do with film.

I'm so tired of lists, especially in this genre, as the top films are predictable. You'll get Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Rosemary's Baby, The Thing, The Shining, some older Universal films, some Hammers. Exciting.

I liked the list in the OP, as it had some interesting titles in the lower half before it became the same ol same ol.
Yes we love ranking shit, stop ruining our fun asshole! I think every couple years compiling a list isn't a bad idea. it allows the newer members to get involved in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
And am I the only one that doesn't think texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of the best horror films of all time?
yes, I'm afraid you are.

Last edited by Ash28M; 05-10-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:02 AM   #23
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post

haha Yeah I'm not going to lie I love lists! There's a book I actually want to pick up that delivers just that. I skimmed through it at the store, seemed like it would be a good bathroom book, well if I actually spent a long time in the bathroom.

The Book of Lists

http://www.amazon.ca/Book-Lists-Coll...7388928&sr=1-3

You are right though it would end up being more of the same, but like you said the last half may be interesting. Every time we do a new list I always discover a few new treasures worth checking out. That makes it all worthwhile to me.

Quote:
Yes we love ranking shit, stop ruining our fun asshole! I think every couple years compiling a list isn't a bad idea. it allows the newer members to get involved in the process.
That's what I was thinking. There are many new members here now, maybe they could add some fresh picks.

Quote:
yes, I'm afraid you are.
Damn I was worried about that. Guess I will go play by myself.

My Movie Collection

Old 05-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #24
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
And am I the only one that doesn't think texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of the best horror films of all time? Don't get me wrong I do thoroughly enjoy it, but it would definitely not be that high in the list for me. I wouldn't even put it in my top 10!
Actually... a lot of people at the Horror Talk forum literally think it's awful.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote