Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #16
ronnie21
HackMaster

dawn also paired up with mother's day in 1981.. but i beleive it was the unrated one as well.
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #17
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
I'll chime in and say yes, the eighties were a great time to be alive. Great films, upbeat driving music, awesome club scene, memorable concerts, parties with seemingly unlimited food and booze and lots of beautiful fit women.
Before they all turned into the Goodyear blimp courtesy of McGlobalization.
It was too good to last, the law of averages, and probably the reason everything fucking sucks so much now.
Those of us who are children of the 80s, can think of no better time! The movies and music are better than any other time. My favorite songs and movies are all from that era. But that is when I was in high school and those things all trigger memories for me. That is the reason and not the quality of the products during that period.
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #18
burieddeep
Stalker

Heard a lot about AIDS and crack while growing up in the 80's. Arnold, Stallone, Van Halen 1984 and mostly pre 1986 horror made it all good though... and of course Nintendo.
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #19
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I was a teenager during the 80s, and I think it was a great decade. We had numerous one hit wonders, Fast Times At Ridgemont High came out in 1982, Friday the 13th, which came out in 1980, Miami Vice from 1984-1989, which the last year was okay, but the first 4 years, I was in High School, Knight Rider, Greatest American Hero, the fashion back then was cool, but some of it is laughable now. My brother had one of those Michael Jackson jackets from Thriller, it was red, with all those zippers, and as I type my cat, SamDean Winchester-Smith is in my lap, just being a goofball. Sometimes I relive the 80s, every now and then, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, I could go on and on. Now my cat is about to go to sleep, and yes, I named him at my favorite 2 characters from Supernatural. And, yes, I know it's sad, but I'm a huge fan of Supernatural. I actually call my cat Sammy more than anything.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #20
ronnie21
HackMaster

movies and concerts were cheaper... and cars were more affordable... and movie ads were more creative and had some thought and good artwork rather than just have the whole cast on the poster... Fast food tasted better too...
Old 04-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #21
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
movies and concerts were cheaper... and cars were more affordable... and movie ads were more creative and had some thought and good artwork rather than just have the whole cast on the poster... Fast food tasted better too...
I agree about the fast foot tasting better. From about 1978, until 1985, me, my mom, and my brother would go to at least one movie a week, and it was usually a horror film.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #22
ronnie21
HackMaster

yeah fast food was a real treat back then.. My doctor told me a story about why fast food doesnt taste as good today. he claims they use diffrent oil now and because a certain group of people complained and thats why its not the same... remmeber gino's?
Old 04-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #23
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
yeah fast food was a real treat back then.. My doctor told me a story about why fast food doesnt taste as good today. he claims they use diffrent oil now and because a certain group of people complained and thats why its not the same... remmeber gino's?
I think it does not taste the same because people eat it so damn regularly, the more accustomed you get to a taste to more likely you are to get burnt on it.
I love broiled lobster but wouldn't want to eat it 4-5 times a week.
Eating at a fast food joint when I was younger was reserved for special occasions, like a vacation or a birthday otherwise it was home cooking.
Fast food was a treat back then, not a daily ritual. Moderation is what made it special, and obviously there were less obesity related issues back then IMO.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote