Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #16
crikan
HackMaster

Is the netflix streaming version cut?

------------------------------------------

Edit: Guess I should have read the article first.

Quote:
JB: Would you call it a director’s cut? Is it going to be unrated?

WM: It’s uncut. The film was originally longer by about 3-4 minutes. This is going to be the uncut version before anything was trimmed. It’s definitely a version people probably haven’t seen before.

Last edited by crikan; 06-14-2012 at 03:05 PM.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #17
Dobby
HackMaster

Why does this first poster look identical to this other film?

Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #18
Matt89
HackMaster

Hahaha wow, yeah. Weird.

According to IMDb, Creature came first.

~Matt
Old 06-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #19
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Friended Malone on Facebook and he told me this: "The Blu-Ray release is under its original title "Titan Find". It comes from the Final Answer Print for the film (before trimmed where ordered by the distributors) and is the best material that still exists on the film. The Camera Original Negative is MIA."
Shawn Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:55 AM   #20
Nailwraps
HackMaster

I hope Anchor Bay can pick this up for release.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #21
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
I hope Anchor Bay can pick this up for release.
WHY?

Seriously, folks... AB's golden age is at least 10 years behind us. When are people going to get used to the fact that they've moved on and really only do Siffy originals and first release Hollywood pictures now? Quit pining for AB. I won't say that they'll never release a great cult disc ever again, but at this point I'd almost be willing to bet that Trans World Entertainment itself will make a resurrection from the dead first!
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #22
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Need I remind you this year; Battle Royale, Mother's Day, Halloween 4 and 5 on Blu plus they returned to sub-license with Fox. I still support Anchor Bay and always will and would really do want to see them pick up the independent films MGM owns since they already have Phantasm I and IV (hence where Creature comes in).
Old 06-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #23
Katatonia
Master of Doom

We'll see if Anchor Bay redeems themselves with The Entity Blu-ray next month. If they screw that one up, I'll have lost any respect (what little remains) for them.

I'd prefer a better studio got their hands on Creature.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #24
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
Need I remind you this year; Battle Royale, Mother's Day, Halloween 4 and 5 on Blu plus they returned to sub-license with Fox. I still support Anchor Bay and always will and would really do want to see them pick up the independent films MGM owns since they already have Phantasm I and IV (hence where Creature comes in).
Maybe Battle Royale, but Mother's Day is a new film and they've held the rights to Halloween 4 and 5 since the days Bill Lustig was with them. Re-releasing back catolog isn't a sign to me that they're ever planning on returning to greatness. I'd rather see a film like Creature get picked up by someone who would give it it's full attention and right now Anchor Bay has it's priorities elsewhere. They've gotten the taste for real money so hoping that they'll tackle a film this obscure at this point is rather a waste of time.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #25
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Maybe Battle Royale, but Mother's Day is a new film
Sorry, I should've been more specific. I meant the original 1980 film.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #26
crikan
HackMaster

The best case would be Shout Factory but I've heard it said before that they license libraries, not one-offs. Synapse, perhaps?

I had planned to watch it on Netflix, but I will wait for this uncut release.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #27
tropical marsh
Stalker

Fuck, I just hope it gets a legit release. I don't want to see Malone putting out his own disc and selling the shit thru some fucked up barnyard website he created specifically to rape horror fans of their hard earned cash. I'm just sayin', I'll feel a whole lot better if somebody like Synapse picks this one up...
Old 06-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #28
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical marsh View Post
Fuck, I just hope it gets a legit release. I don't want to see Malone putting out his own disc and selling the shit thru some fucked up barnyard website he created specifically to rape horror fans of their hard earned cash. I'm just sayin', I'll feel a whole lot better if somebody like Synapse picks this one up...

I understand what you mean. I fell for this "scam" when Greydon Clark was selling homemade copies of Without Warning a couple of years ago. It was basically a VHS-level copy of the film on a DVD-R. Isn't it the same deal with that Popcorn re-release? Some fanboy(s) putting together an "ultimate" edition or something? I can appreciate the passion that some people have for these movies but in the end what people really want is a legitimate release through legitimate channels. I've never seen CREATURE but I'll be among the first to grab a copy IF it's legit.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #29
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Malone made some more comments on Facebook. Here's the thread for those who want to follow along. A little bit of a bummer, you blu-ray owners will end up owning this first. And because of that ALL blu-ray owners MUST die! This news will not settle well with tropical marsh:

"Actually I own the rights. The plan is to release the Blu-Ray first. Less piracy that way. The standard def version will come out shortly thereafter. I plan to release it myself as distributors don't seem to want to share in any profits."
Old 07-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #30
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Was looking at TITAN FIND's IMDB page for any new scoops and finally found the distributor. Looks like GoDigital Media Group will be putting it out.